Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Included but not included

DAZZ80
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I decided to come back to O2 as roaming is now included on certain tariffs... day two I go to Canada... turn on my phone... brilliant... text welcome... your travel zone is included... a few mins later... You have been charged 48£ for 50mb! NOW I can connect To the internet! Anyone had this?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @DAZZ80

Not sure if you have O2 Travel or O2 Travel INCLUSIVE?

Slight difference with those two. However you shouldn't be charged that amount at all

With O2 Travel

£4.99 a day: USA, UAE, Australia, South Africa, Thailand, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Hong Kong, New Zealand, Japan, Cape Verde, China, Sri Lanka, Indonesia, Albania, Colombia, Argentina, Peru, Chile, Panama, Uruguay, Venezuela, Botswana, Guatemala, Nicaragua, Antigua and Barbuda, Honduras, El Salvador.

https://www.o2.co.uk/o2travelupdate

O2 Travel Inclusive (available on certain tariffs)

In Canada you get your daily allowances but anythiing over that you will be charges international rates

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/O2-Contract-with-O2-Travel-Inclusive-75-Free-Countries-a...

Either way you are being charged far too much and should contact customer services immediately they open 8am UK time

https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
There is a much reported issue with the travel inclusive not working .
We've had a number of customers in the USA get cut off the same as you and no one has found a fix for it yet.
I would raise a complaint and seek compensation for O2 failing to deliver a service as promised, although many are getting used to that!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 6

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hi everyone, 

I've had an update on this one which has been posted here. Any new updates will be posted there so please keep an eye on that thread for further news.  

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I hope they find a fix soon @Martin-O2

There are so many disappointed customers (and we only know of those who posted here)

I hope O2 are prepared to compensate those people who have paid for a service they aren't receiving!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 6

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Cleoriff The good news is that the issue has been identified and is being worked on. Fingers crossed it won't take too long to be resolved. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 6