cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In store upgrade what do I need.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I wish to upgrade in store, but not sure, what if anything, I need to take with me. Do I need a passport, utility bill etc.... I'm on a month to month contract and have been eligible for an upgrade for the past year or so. I wish to upgrade to a new phone with an altered contract i.e. different amount of mins etc... I also want to pay some upfront cost, to keep the monthly bill cost down. Thanks for any advice.
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't remember having to take anything with me when I upgraded.

I think they send a text to your phone (so take that with you) and then ask you to enter your password (? I might be wrong haha) to verify who you are

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think they send a text to your phone (so take that with you) and then ask you to enter your password (? I might be wrong haha) to verify who you are

Message 2 of 5

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, they send a text to your phone to confirm you are present in the shop, but that's all IIRC from picking up the 4G SIM recently. You may be asked if you are the account holder, but that's it. slight_smile

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Phew...I wasn't making things up in my head then! Smiley LOL

Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks very much, that is exactly what they did. Glad to say the guy in the shop was really efficient and helpful as well and this was one time when it was easier in store than online anyway. Tried twice to upgrade online, both times had an issue, as both my credit card payments were rejected, despite having £0 balances on the cards. Also needed a micro sim replacement for my standard sim, not sure this would have been possible, when ordering online either.
Message 5 of 5