Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

In China and its £1.11 per min if a wrong number calls me

Im trying to end my contract I dont mind paying the mouths still on it 7 in all as I now live in China and do not need a UK (which is locked for ever to the UK) Iphone, I have a nice new phone here. So I have contacted O2 and asked for a settlement sum which they can have v DD.

What they will do is send me an Auto Email saying Call customer services its not just O2 when I left the UK is was every one, Sky Tv most of all who liked there £1 per min Phone line the trid to get me to call it 5 times even after I had stopped the DD at the bank and sent them TEHRE letter saying i had paid up and no longer had Sky TV.

Why you ask well if some one calls you from the UK and your in china O2 Charge YOU £1.11 per min. Thats right a wrong number and you pay. Also the £35 per mouth seem to be £47.69 when your over seas and I have yet to find out WHY.

So dear O2 send me my last bill and ill be happy to pay.

Arr the Iphone good phone bad contract.
Highlighted
Anonymous

I'm stumped as to how o2 are supposed to know its a wrong number and not to charge the customer. Smiley Indifferent
Highlighted
Anonymous

You can ask to pay up the remaining amount of your contract in full, but I think it's up to O2 whether they will accept this, otherwise you will have to pay every month till the contract ends.

I know human circumstances can change pretty quickly sometimes, but unfortunately there is nothing in mobile phone contracts (nor in common law, as far as I'm aware) to protect the consumer from such a contingency.

As for roaming charges, they are well-known and advertised on O2's website, of course you will get charged if you receive calls abroad, and prices vary depending on the country you are in. Roaming charges can rack up pretty quickly, so there's your inflated bill - no wonder. If you don't want to pay more than £35 per month, the best thing to do is keep your phone either switched off, or bar all incoming and outgoing calls.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: In China and its £1.11 per min if a wrong number calls

Arr the Iphone
Did you buy it from a pirate? Smiley Very Happy
Highlighted
Anonymous

Arr the Iphone

'pirate'?
Highlighted
Topics: 556
Solutions: 3,456

Arr the Iphone

'pirate'?

'arrr Jim lad'...c'mon Pete...get with it!!
Highlighted
Anonymous

Are you coming back to the UK?
This happened to me when I thought I was going to be moving abroad - the customer services advisor told me to cancel my direct debit with them and just not pay it off! :/
Highlighted
Topics: 556
Solutions: 3,456

Are you coming back to the UK?
This happened to me when I thought I was going to be moving abroad - the customer services advisor told me to cancel my direct debit with them and just not pay it off! :/

Which is complete and utter rubbish advice told to you by the CSA. Perhaps bordering on the illegal. .

sheepdog is absolutely correct with regards to his comments about the address and new occupants. Never cancel a direct debit until the account s fully paid up ie. a zero balance bill. I doubt very much that the advisor you spoke to is still employed at o2 if he/she gave you such stupid 'advice'. All advisers are 'call monitored' once a month for training purposes and to ensure call quality and, with advice like that, he/she would soon be found out.