Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Anonymous

Immediate Bill???

Hi,

I just bought my new iphone on the 20th of this month and according to My 02 I have been billed for this month from that date i.e. I have to pay £45 by July 4th. Could that be right? I haven't even received it yet as it is still with the couriers.
Shouldn't my first bill be on the 20th of July??
Anonymous

Immediate Bill???

You pay the monthly tariff amount in advance. Usually around 17 days after you sign the contract (3 days to set up billing, then they give you 2 weeks notice that they will require payment).

Any fees over the included minutes & texts are added to the next bill (paid in arrears).

SV
Topics: 8
Kudos: 154
Solutions: 38

Immediate Bill???

As he said you are billed in advance for your line rental so a bill gets generated more or less straight away.

That said I do think it's a bit cheeky them billing you line rental while the phone is in transit. I ordered a 3GS on Friday, it arrived today so I've been billed 3 days I couldn't possibly use
Topics: 247
Solutions: 1,614

Immediate Bill???

That's a bit off.

You would think O2 would allow 3 days for delivery before starting to charge.

If they do this on every contract sold it must amount to a substantial sum being charged for a service that will never be received. Smiley Indifferent
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1

Immediate Bill???

Well given they guarantee a delivery date if you order online it isn't too hard to arrange to activate the sim card first thing that day and bill from then is it.

Though as you say given how many phones they sell online it must be a nice little earner for them
Anonymous

Immediate Bill???

O2 have absolutely no legal right to charge for the service cost while in transit and EVEN LESS for a phone that isn't released to the public e.g. the iPhone.

They have charged me for the 17th and 18th for a service that I and no other person on the planet should have been able to use due to the embargo on the products.

Therefore I won't be paying it.

That's two issues with o2 I've had in less than a week as well as a dodgy first iPhone.

Not good.

Immediate Bill???

Reading the terms and conditions it would seem O2 have it covered actually (in my case anyway)

3.1 This Agreement commences, following acceptance of your application by us, on the day on which you receive your SIM Card or, if you do not receive your SIM Card at the time of purchase, for example if you connect to an online tariff, on the day your SIM Card is dispatched

Whether that would stand up if challenged under the UTCCR remains to be seen however for the sake of a fiver I'm not sure I can be bothered
Anonymous

Immediate Bill???

Its only £1.16 a day on a £35 but if you're that bothered then phone up, they'll credit you back.

I've always had next day delivery so never bothered, my time waiting in a call queue is worth more than £1.16.
Anonymous

Immediate Bill???

The reason the billing starts from the day the handset is ordered is so the account can be set up on that day so by the time the phone is delivered you can start to use the services straight away.
I see where you are coming from but i see it as if you ask for a refund for those days in transit then CS should advise you they will simply disable your phone for the next 2 or 3 days! Its either one or the other, delivered and ready to rock or delivery and sits there for 2-3working days whilst O2 activate your services!