cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I unlock an iPhone 7, will it stay unlocked?

peter312
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

As I understand it, in order to unlock my iPhone 7 I have complete an online form. Once O2 have done what they need to do, I believe I need to put a sim from a different network into the phone and connect it to itunes in order to complete the process. Will doing this lock the iphone to this other network?

Many thanks 

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149330 Posts
  • 671 Topics
  • 28494 Solutions
Once unlocked correctly it will never relock.
You also don't need to connect to iTunes as it's done by whitelisting your IMEI on Apples servers.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149330 Posts
  • 671 Topics
  • 28494 Solutions
Once unlocked correctly it will never relock.
You also don't need to connect to iTunes as it's done by whitelisting your IMEI on Apples servers.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 2