Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPhone6s Unlock

Silversurfer
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi - moving away from O2 and need my IPhone unlocked. Requested this via the MyO2 app on Tuesday and still waiting for confirmation. Are there any current issues as i need to get the new Sim sorted in my phone asap

Cheers

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
No problems that we know about.
Ensure the correct IMEI number is registered to your MyO2 and submit manual form if wrong https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-S...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
No problems that we know about.
Ensure the correct IMEI number is registered to your MyO2 and submit manual form if wrong https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-S...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 12

Silversurfer
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Submitted the online form with the correct information, now says it may take 14 days which is outrageous 

Message 3 of 12

MI5
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
I did mine on Saturday afternoon and it was unlocked within the hour.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 12

Silversurfer
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Going to bed now, will hope to see some progress by morning and a text to say the phone has been unlocked. Not holding my breath on this.....

Message 5 of 12

MI5
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Probably not before 9 and that's assuming they are working tomorrow - may not see anything before Tuesday now though.......

Currently using:
Message 6 of 12

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10171 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@MI5wrote:
I did mine on Saturday afternoon and it was unlocked within the hour.

I did my iPhone X on Saturday, and had the text and email within 20minutes of submitting slight_smile

If you are waiting something is wrong, but tbh unlock requests can take upto 14days, manufacturer dependent 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 7 of 12

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @Silversurfer is there any update on your situation? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 8 of 12

Silversurfer
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Phone was finally unlocked after extended chats with Customer Services, have now moved to Three and have ported my number to them as well. That was another saga...

Message 9 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122923 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Silversurferwrote:

Phone was finally unlocked after extended chats with Customer Services, have now moved to Three and have ported my number to them as well. That was another saga...

Nothing goes well for you @Silversurfer does it? Well at least you are sorted now and this can be the end of your own version of War and Peace...wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 12