Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

IPhone 4 or HTC Desire

The battery life on the iPhone is way better than I imagined and I am quite buoyed by that. Horses for courses!
Standby 18 hrs 36 mins
Usage 1 hour 22 mins
Battery after first charge, still 85%.
The Desire won't touch that!

I got 2 full days out of my Desire easily. Nowadays it's pretty normal to charge a phone every night anyway so battery life isn't really a massive issue for me. However if the reports of the brilliant battery life on the iP4 hold true with mine, then that would be great. It's always nice to be able to use a smartphone properly without worrying about whether or not it'll run out of juice by the afternoon!
Anonymous

IPhone 4 or HTC Desire

The battery life on the iPhone is way better than I imagined and I am quite buoyed by that. Horses for courses!
Standby 18 hrs 36 mins
Usage 1 hour 22 mins
Battery after first charge, still 85%.
The Desire won't touch that!

I got 2 full days out of my Desire easily. Nowadays it's pretty normal to charge a phone every night anyway so battery life isn't really a massive issue for me. However if the reports of the brilliant battery life on the iP4 hold true with mine, then that would be great. It's always nice to be able to use a smartphone properly without worrying about whether or not it'll run out of juice by the afternoon!

We managed to get over 2 days out of the Desire but that meant turning the data off and doing manual mail updates etc. I mean..... how often do you need continual weather updates... and if you do, do it manually?

Admittedly, with the iPhone I have WiFi and Location Services off. But for a first charge I am very pleased.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Desire, but the speakerphone is comical and well documented. The keyboard for my big hands meant I ended up writing what I sound like with 15 pints in me. Smiley Happy

I quite like how basic the iPhone is in its virginal state, much easier to understand for old boys like me. No silly games and other garbage cluttering the home screen.

I bet Apple won't make many $'s out of me in the App Store unless it sells some grey hair reduction, beer belly shrinker and aches/pains fixer. Smiley Wink
Anonymous

IPhone 4 or HTC Desire

Just to add to the above conversation... If you love customising your phone, Google are soon to open a simple-to-use online tool that will let you create your own Android apps very easily - check out http://appinventor.googlelabs.com/about/
Anonymous

IPhone 4 or HTC Desire

Admittedly, with the iPhone I have WiFi and Location Services off. But for a first charge I am very pleased.
Don't get me wrong, I love the Desire, but the speakerphone is comical and well documented. The keyboard for my big hands meant I ended up writing what I sound like with 15 pints in me. Smiley Happy
I quite like how basic the iPhone is in its virginal state, much easier to understand for old boys like me. No silly games and other garbage cluttering the home screen.

How do you have your iPhone set up then with regard to the following:

Mail
3G
Screen Brightness
Push Notifications
Mobile Data

If I can get my phone set up somewhere near yours, then I might get a better idea of the battery life compared to what you're experiencing Smiley Happy

Oh, and I can see what you mean about the keyboard on the Desire. I didn't have a problem with it myself as I've got girly thin hands(!) but the keys were definitely closer together, and I reckon I made more mistypes on the HTC than I did on my 3GS or the 4 (so far)...
Anonymous

IPhone 4 or HTC Desire

How do you have your iPhone set up then with regard to the following:
Mail
3G
Screen Brightness
Push Notifications
Mobile Data
If I can get my phone set up somewhere near yours, then I might get a better idea of the battery life compared to what you're experiencing Smiley Happy
Oh, and I can see what you mean about the keyboard on the Desire. I didn't have a problem with it myself as I've got girly thin hands(!) but the keys were definitely closer together, and I reckon I made more mistypes on the HTC than I did on my 3GS or the 4 (so far)...

Mail... At the moment I do mail "Send and Receive", so to speak, manually as I have not spread my new email address out too far and wide. I find the peace and quiet quite rewarding. I never got the chance to tell anybody that my Blackberry address was closing as my 5-6 days delivery turned out to be 18hrs. Smiley Happy

3G is off as it virtually doesn't exist around me. If I think I have a purpose for it and think that I might have a chance of a signal, it takes a second to pop it on.

Screen Brightness is just below the half way point although I find the slider somewhat annoying and difficult to judge.

Push is off for the moment and mobile data is off until I need it.

I estimate in time, I will get 3-4 days battery life like this. I had some great figures but then I lost them with the full charge after downloading 4.01.

I had some problems with my Eset causing download failures and was connected for a while, ending with a fully charged battery.... Grrrr!
I will begin another test when this discharges.

As soon as I got the phone I placed it on charge for several hours and resisted the urge to play completely.

The Desire's keyboard is not for me and the predictive text, until turned off, drove me mad. I think the auto-correction on the iPhone 4 is the best I have ever used and the keyboard is just superb.

I was playing with the iP4's video camera and that is just incredible. Not something that I would use regularly, more like rarely, but I doubt there is another phone that can touch it... at the moment, for video.

I treat the iPhone as a phone that is simply superb to text with. The other features are available when I need them and I get the feeling of reliability from the iPhone. Of course the continual loss of signal is a pain in the backside but I find it regains the signal as quick as it loses it.

I am curious what this announcement will reveal as I certainly won't substitute my lovely Crumpler case for some rubber condom. Smiley Very Happy
Anonymous

IPhone 4 or HTC Desire

Nice comparison In my option HTC Desire is more open and you can personalize it to your own style and there are more features that you can get out of it. The good thing about HTC Desire is that you can put what you want onto the phone since you can use a MicroSD Card meaning you don't need to go through all that iTunes stuff.
Anonymous

IPhone 4 or HTC Desire

Nice comparison In my option HTC Desire is more open and you can personalize it to your own style and there are more features that you can get out of it. The good thing about HTC Desire is that you can put what you want onto the phone since you can use a MicroSD Card meaning you don't need to go through all that iTunes stuff.

This has always been a negative with any Apple product, I was trying to be specific about the iPhone 4.