Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPAD/Tablet

Suzenew01
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Please can some one help me, I got my partner a Samsung tablet for Christmas and my daughter got an ipad... even thought they both come with phone numbers I am struggling to either call, facetime and text?? Trying to get through to 02 is impossible. Can any one help me please.. Im phone is an ipad and my ipad is a pro, daughters is 8th gen abd partners is samsung S6??

Thank you x

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Suzenew01 

You need to use iMessage to message the iPad as they don't do normal sms messages.

The Samsung tablet will need a messaging app downloading such as Google messages in order to receive them too.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Suzenew01 

You need to use iMessage to message the iPad as they don't do normal sms messages.

The Samsung tablet will need a messaging app downloading such as Google messages in order to receive them too.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Mobile data sims for tablets are unable to make or receive calls using mobile networks.
You should be able to use FaceTime or WhatsApp to call or send messages.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 3