Did you mean: 

IMMEDIATE PAYMENT letter recieved

SamCuddy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi guys

so i had 2 O2 refresh contracts in my name. one for me and one for my girlfriend

My girlfriends device plan was payed off about a month ago and then the airtime plan was cancelled and all remaining payments were made. I pay for my phone monthly by direct debit every month without fail.

however this morning i have a letter saying i owe O2 £613.79. As you can imagine i was shocked so i rang O2 and she has said that there are no outstanding payment on either of the accounts and my girlfriends number was infact closed. she told me to ignore the letter and not to worry. however i hear a lot about stuff like this ruining peoples credit history and i dont want Credit collection agencies at my door either. have any of you experienced this and can give me some advice about the best course of action?

thanks

Sam

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

SamCuddy
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I will keep you updated if I have nothing within 5 working days I will be on to them(probably not easy so close to xmas), yes I have made an official complain this morning as I am quite annoyed that the previous advisor told me to ignore the letter this would have had reprocussions, so an official complain has been made and I will be taking it further this seems to be happening to a few people and it's a really terrible thing to not be trying for fix
Message 11 of 24

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

I think you are correct to be doubtful you will get a response this close to Christmas...However you can keep checking My O2 and see if anything changes. Best of luck with it all wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 24

jonsie
  • 93232 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

MI5
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
Keep checking your credit rating too.
Noddle is free https://www.noddle.co.uk/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 24

SamCuddy
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Well I check my credit rating on the regular anyway, I use noodle, clear score and MSE which gives me free from all 3 credit companies, ironically it shows the device plan loan has been successfully paid finished and closed, so there's no money I owe to o2 100% that's proof in itself. I'll be on to them in 5 working days and I should also have a reply back for my complaint by then also
Message 15 of 24

MI5
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
That's promising news anyway....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 24

jonsie
  • 93232 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

@SamCuddy wrote:
Well I check my credit rating on the regular anyway, I use noodle, clear score and MSE which gives me free from all 3 credit companies, ironically it shows the device plan loan has been successfully paid finished and closed, so there's no money I owe to o2 100% that's proof in itself. I'll be on to them in 5 working days and I should also have a reply back for my complaint by then also

Perfect proof slight_smile

Message 17 of 24

SamCuddy
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for all your help guys I will definitely keep you updated, as I know a lot of people do have this problem, @jonsie I'm loving the tag line , how's the Thai whiskey ?!
Message 18 of 24

jonsie
  • 93232 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

@SamCuddy wrote:
Thanks for all your help guys I will definitely keep you updated, as I know a lot of people do have this problem, @jonsie I'm loving the tag line , how's the Thai whiskey ?!

Recommended LOL

Message 19 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

@SamCuddy wrote:

Recommended LOL

And that signature only shows when on mobile ....on PC it's far more serious...:smileytongue:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 24