Did you mean: 

IMMEDIATE PAYMENT letter recieved

SamCuddy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi guys

so i had 2 O2 refresh contracts in my name. one for me and one for my girlfriend

My girlfriends device plan was payed off about a month ago and then the airtime plan was cancelled and all remaining payments were made. I pay for my phone monthly by direct debit every month without fail.

however this morning i have a letter saying i owe O2 £613.79. As you can imagine i was shocked so i rang O2 and she has said that there are no outstanding payment on either of the accounts and my girlfriends number was infact closed. she told me to ignore the letter and not to worry. however i hear a lot about stuff like this ruining peoples credit history and i dont want Credit collection agencies at my door either. have any of you experienced this and can give me some advice about the best course of action?

thanks

Sam

Message 1 of 24
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Contact customer service & speak to them as we are not cs & cannot access your account

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Contact customer service & speak to them as we are not cs & cannot access your account
Message 2 of 24

SamCuddy
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

i do understand that. and i have already contact CS and they have said there is nothing outstanding on any of my account, my question was has anybody experienced this and what did they do about it?

as i dont want a silly blotch on my credit file(as we all know O2 are well reknowned for that) for something that isnt even real. just want an opinion on what other people have done in the past

thanks

sam

Message 3 of 24

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
You will have to keep checking with CS and keep an eye on your own credit score I'm afraid.
This is one area that always screws up without fail due to incompetence on behalf the person closing the account or due to a system issue.
Nonetheless it's you that has to keep chasing for closure unfortunately.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Hi @SamCuddy Welcome to the forum. Have you checked your account in My O2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2   This will show you any outstanding balances ..or if it is clear....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Apologies for the gap....in the above post....I did nothing to cause that... Honest....Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 24

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
You sure it wasn't a final balance statement @SamCuddy
These are sent after device plan cleared.
Message 7 of 24

SamCuddy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi guys
I managed to speak to o2 this morning, after the device plan was clear they have said the 600 and odd pound was early termination fees, they also said this was a mistake as there are no early termination charges on a refresh contract, so the lady at CS has submitted a form and within 5 working days I will receive written confirmation that I do not owe anything, however I don't feel overly confident about that
Message 8 of 24

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

That sounds promising @SamCuddy Please keep us updated on this issue! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 9 of 24

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
@SamCuddy it's good you're in tune to how these things can go wrong, I'm sure because of that you'll chase this up until it's sorted properly.

That's no consolation on the fact you're having to chase it in the first place though. Have u thought of putting in an official complaint to highlight how frustrating these instances are to O2?

Here's the link to makea complaint if you're interested; http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
Message 10 of 24