Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMEI blacklist for having a high SIM only bill

ar6544
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Posting this as a last ditch attempt to get o2 to listen as I've exhausted all other avenues. 

I have a SIM only deal with o2 and have a very high bill which is not overdue as the payment date is not until the 28th of the month but someone at o2 felt that it gave them the right to blacklist my IMEI of my galaxy z fold2 which was not purchased from o2 it was never part of my contract with o2 and it was purchased brand new and paid for in full from another retailer and is my own personal mobile which again I will make clear has not been purchased or supplied by o2. But they still think they have the right to blacklist my phone as I have a big bill which isn't even overdue.

Spoken to numerous advisors in customer services and complaints team who all said o2 are not allowed to do what they have done but have all said that only the fraud team can resolve it but they can only be contacted by email so I email them 6 days ago and still no response or even any acknowledgement from them. 

One advisor in customer services did say he would remove the IMEI block and it would take 24 hours to be removed but this was 3 days ago and it's still blocked so Mohammad in customer service was clearly lying when he assured me that the block would be removed. 

I am beyond angry right now, how dare o2 just decide that they will just blacklist my phone which is owned by myself outright and purchased SIM free from another retailer 15 months ago, what gives them the right?

I would understand if I got the phone on contract from o2 and never paid my bill but I didn't and my SIM only bill isn't even overdue either but even if it was o2 have no authority to just blacklist my phone, the SIM yes but not my own phone that I brought SIM free from another company 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@ar6544 

I'll ask @O2Lisa if she can help you. She's on tomorrow at 8am. Please come back to this thread as she will send you a private message to get more info.

Best of luck.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Morning all, thanks for the tag @Cleoriff

@ar6544 I'm so sorry about this, I'll message you privately and look in to this for you. 

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Thanks @O2Lisa x

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket