Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I would like to cancel my account

Brian71
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Greetings. I have moved away from the Uk and have no further need for an O2 Sim card and account which I have, at the moment. May I ask if it is possible for me to cancel my account with O2?

Thank you. 

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

@Brian71 the guide that @Anonymous linked may not work in your case if you have already left the UK as presumably you wouldn't be signing up to a new UK based service

As that guide says there are 2 options if you don't sign up to a new service

1. Use the original guide which is linked at the top of the new guide and send a letter (tracked where possible) to terminate the service

2. Obtain a UK pay as you go SIM card for a different network and then request a STAC code to give to that network. I don't think the text shortcodes will work from abroad so you will probably have to request this in your O2 online account

If there is still time to go on your contract you will be charged an early termination fee when you use either of those options. The fee should be detailed if you request a STAC code

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Brian71 you need to follow this guide to cancel. This is not customer service 

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

Message 2 of 5

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
@Brian71 you're not talking to O2 here, we're all just O2 customers. You would need to contact O2 via the telephone or live chat to process a cancellation for your account.
Message 3 of 5

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Welcome to the forum @Brian71 Wave

I hope the info above helps you sort out your account! Whereabouts did you move now if you don't mind me asking?

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 5

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

@Brian71 the guide that @Anonymous linked may not work in your case if you have already left the UK as presumably you wouldn't be signing up to a new UK based service

As that guide says there are 2 options if you don't sign up to a new service

1. Use the original guide which is linked at the top of the new guide and send a letter (tracked where possible) to terminate the service

2. Obtain a UK pay as you go SIM card for a different network and then request a STAC code to give to that network. I don't think the text shortcodes will work from abroad so you will probably have to request this in your O2 online account

If there is still time to go on your contract you will be charged an early termination fee when you use either of those options. The fee should be detailed if you request a STAC code

Message 5 of 5