cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I was using O2 Pay as you go. Now I'm using a monthly contract but I want to use my old number.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was using O2 Pay as you go. Now I'm using a monthly contract but I want to use my old number.  How can I get to that position?

Message 1 of 18
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144189 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
You don't need a PAC to move a number from PAYG to contract.
Just fill in this form http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,Ts=Webforms,T=PreToPost
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Have a look at this help link...It shows you how to keep your number...

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number#qs

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Many thanks but it seems to be getting more confused because I see that I need thePAC (Port Authorisation Code) which as I was on O2 PAYG O2 should have but at 21.02 on a Saturday evening I don't know how to access.

Message 3 of 18

MI5
  • 144189 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
You don't need a PAC to move a number from PAYG to contract.
Just fill in this form http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,Ts=Webforms,T=PreToPost
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Deleted by me (wrong thread) Smiley Embarassed

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Many thanks.  I'm in such a mess now I will leave it untill tomorrow.

Message 6 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Many thanks.  I'm in such a mess now I will leave it untill tomorrow.

Good call @Anonymous. Sometimes with all the 'messing about' you need to go away and come back the next day with a clear head (Well I do anyway) LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I have a better idea than messing about with the procedure to swap telephone numbers over which is to write a message saying, "Please accept this as my new telephone number as from now."  Sending it to everyone on my telephone.  The only problem is that I have to find out how to do that but I will ask my technocrat granddaughter tomorrow.

Message 8 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I think I have a better idea than messing about with the procedure to swap telephone numbers over which is to write a message saying, "Please accept this as my new telephone number as from now."  Sending it to everyone on my telephone.  The only problem is that I have to find out how to do that but I will ask my technocrat granddaughter tomorrow.

To do that..... all you need to do is write the text ...and send to everyone on your contact list....:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 18

MI5
  • 144189 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
You'll need to be careful about MMS charges if you do that - much easier to fill out the number swap form.
I'm sure your Granddaughter will help you with it.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 18