cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I wanted to refresh my contract and keep my number, but I fear I have bought the wrong offer.

Anonymous
Not applicable

My contract, on which I got my Galaxy S5 is running out soon, I have bought an Xperia XA from O2 Refresh in hope that I will be able to keep the same phone number I had throughout my contract on my new phone. 

However, as I got my new phone, it has arrived with a brand new SIM card. It is possible that I took the wrong offer? Is there any possibility of re-doing the whole process to keep my old phone number on the new phone and refresh my contract? 

Regards

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122821 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions
Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
  • 122821 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

You need to do a sim swap @Anonymous

http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/

More info here http://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

MI5
  • 144175 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
You always get a new sim when you upgrade in case you need a different sized sim from the one you are currently using.
You need to check your MyO2 and check that you only have one contract running and if so just use your old sim in the new phone http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122821 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

I think the sims are different Rich. Micro for S5 ...Nano for Xperia Xa?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 144175 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Could be. I haven't checked to be honest but the important bit to check here first is how many contracts are on the account as the OP is unsure if upgraded or taken an additional contract.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 144175 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Could also be a triple sim in use so would just need the middle pushing out to make smaller.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 144175 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

I think the sims are different Rich. Micro for S5 ...Nano for Xperia Xa?

Yes correct. I just checked on GSMArena

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7