Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to upgrade and pay the remaining £182 over the following months

Lex1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I want to upgrade as my current battery that is only a year and half is loosing battery at a rediculous rate and not charging properly. I do not want to pay the rest I owe straight away, I want it added on to my bill at the same time, so I can pay both at once. I am not happy that the phone I have received is not working after just a year and half when I have looked after it.

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35210 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

You'll have to pay off the current device plan all at once, I am not aware of O2 offering monthly terms on a Device Plan to pay it down to zero if you want to terminate early and upgrade - the only way would be to transfer it to a credit card and pay that, at higher interest, off monthly, but it would probably cost you more.

As for the phone and battery, have you tried a full factory reset of your phone, after backing it up? It has been known to work wonders for phone performance and, as a consequence, battery life, @Lex1.

Do keep an eye on the upgrade notices in your MyO2, in case O2 select you for an 'upgrade on us' deal in the last 3 months or so of your contract. Good luck!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35210 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

You'll have to pay off the current device plan all at once, I am not aware of O2 offering monthly terms on a Device Plan to pay it down to zero if you want to terminate early and upgrade - the only way would be to transfer it to a credit card and pay that, at higher interest, off monthly, but it would probably cost you more.

As for the phone and battery, have you tried a full factory reset of your phone, after backing it up? It has been known to work wonders for phone performance and, as a consequence, battery life, @Lex1.

Do keep an eye on the upgrade notices in your MyO2, in case O2 select you for an 'upgrade on us' deal in the last 3 months or so of your contract. Good luck!

Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Lex1 

Every phone except iPhones have a 2 year warranty so you could investigate getting yours repaired under warranty if applicable.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3