Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

I want an Iphone but in middle of contract

Hi everyone!

First time on here. Was hoping you could help. I really really want an Iphone but im already 6 months into an 18 month contract with o2. I am willing to start another 18 month contract do you think o2 will do this for me?

Thanks
Highlighted
Anonymous

If you mean have 2 contracts, one standard and one iPhone, then I don't see why not, although it will be expensive.

If you mean stop your current contract and start a new one then no, that can't be done. You sign up to 18 months and you have to see them out.

SV
Highlighted
Anonymous

Or, if you want...

You could buy a PAYG iPhone, insert the current O2 Sim you have now and just add the Web Bolt On to your current contract.

So you dont need to start a new 18 month contract.

Might not be the best solution but its an option.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Thanks for the replies. Would my current sim work in the iphone? I don't mind buying the phone myself if it would work with my current sim
Highlighted
Anonymous

Yeah, if you are using a 3g sim card at the moment then you wont have to change it. It will work in the new iphone withour a problem with all 3g services but like the last guy said, make sure you get the web bolt on added to your account or ask to be transferred to an iphone tariff.
Highlighted
Topics: 556
Solutions: 3,453

Yes it would but you really need the web bolt on otherwise the cost will be horrendous.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Thanks again.

Im not sure if i have got 3g sim i have got the n95 8gb at the moment so not sure if i will have. I've already got the web bolt on now because i do use it alot.

Shelly
Highlighted
Anonymous

Have a look at at the serial number on the SIM card. In the 18 digit figure near the end it should have 3 & G together. If so it's 3G and you're good to go on the iPhone with that SIM.

SV
Highlighted
Anonymous

If not, just ring o2, or somewhere on the O2 website, you can just order a free new o2 sim, and just tell them to transfer your number and stuff.

But yeh, get a payg iPhone, insert your current sim, ring o2 for web bolt on to be added = simples Smiley Very Happy

Dont bother telling O2 'oh i'm using my contract sim in a payg iphone' because sometimes they tend to lie and say it wont work, dont belive them tho.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Yup, as with the other comments, i bougth and iphone and put my 2g card in and it worked. I since got a 3g sim though, and that was free of charge in store, takes a few min.