Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous
Accepted Solution

I've been with O2 pay monthly about 5 years, do I still have to give 30 days notice?

Topic.

At the moment my mobile bills are going above £50 a month, even though I'm on a £32 600 minutes and infinite texts tariff, and I only ever use about 100 minutes a month if that! Probably the biggest cost is that I use the 118118 directory services by text, yes I know O2 run 118402 which is a quid a minute, b ut they still send expensive texts with the numbers I need.

I would rather stay with O2 for the UK call centres who have been very good every time I've had to contact them, but I need to lower my bills significantly as I am on disability benefits.

Can any O2 Gurus help?

Highlighted
Topics: 295
Kudos: 1,850
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,316

Re: I've been with O2 pay monthly about 5 years, do I still have to give 30 days notice?

[ Edited ]

The question in the title is yes 30 days notice

but 118402 texts sent are free

From this page http://www.o2.co.uk/support/generalhelp/howdoi/directoryenquiries

118 402 is the O2 Directory Enquiries service. It’s only £1 / min and includes:

• Listings for local and national business and residential numbers in the UK.
  • Calls are answered quickly and queries are dealt with efficiently.
  • We can connect the call or send you a free text of the number you're looking for.
  • Calls are charged at a 1 minute minimum and then are billed per second.

Also have a look at a few tips here http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/phones/directory-enquiries-free you may be able to get them for free

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 11” 2018 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Henstridge Rural South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Highlighted
Level 68: Extraordinaire

Re: I've been with O2 pay monthly about 5 years, do I still have to give 30 days notice?

There's this website you should take a look at: 

http://www.192.com/people/directory-enquiries/

And you might want to read this article:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/phones/directory-enquiries-free

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Highlighted
Anonymous

£18 / month on 118 ?

Why don't you just use google on your phone???
Highlighted
Anonymous

I must admit why use 118 services these days
Highlighted
Anonymous

I hate using the Internet on my phone, the screen is too small.

In fact I hate the screen on my Galaxy S2 full stop, I keep changing the screen time out settings to longer, but the screen still times out every 2 seconds which is VERY annoying.

Highlighted
Anonymous

Get an iPhone,,decent screen size
Highlighted
Topics: 552
Solutions: 13,423

The S2 has a 4.3" screen !!!!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted
Anonymous

My upgrade is due on the 20th of May, I'm considering getting an Iphone 5, as the songs are cheaper on Itunes than Amazon MP3.

Highlighted
Anonymous

Thought the note 2 was bigger than that