cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I took out a contract for my ex-partner...

Anonymous
Not applicable

So, I was stupid and took out a contract for my (at the time) long-term partner. He has now moved out and seems to be using his phone to gamble and stuff online using o2 payments or whatever it's called. Is there a way I can transfer the contract to an account in his name so it isn't in my account anymore.

The break-up was less than civil so talking about it isn't an issue. As a last resort is there a way to block him for using o2 payments?

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

Bottom line is he is playing fast and loose with your money, you have to take control and do whatever is required to limit your liability.

Message 21 of 35

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144711 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Alternatively YOU could choose to pay off the device plan then cancel the airtime agreement. That would limit your exposure to the £200ish plus one month.

Post #3 wink

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 22 of 35

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Get an O2 store to force a sim swap, job done.
Explain you have no access to the old sim
Message 23 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

The sim swap is a good idea! In effect stops the additional costs in one fail swoop!

Message 24 of 35

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
He gets his "something to show" you get knowledge he can't cost you any excessive charges.
Come to an agreement over the handset charge and if he defaults to you, report that sucker missing / stolen. And warn him you will do so.
Message 25 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Alternatively YOU could choose to pay off the device plan then cancel the airtime agreement. That would limit your exposure to the £200ish plus one month.

Post #3 wink

Yes and my post made it clearer. 

Message 26 of 35

MI5
  • 144711 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
Much better, thanks.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 27 of 35

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@viridis wrote:

Excellent idea....all sorted Mexican Wave

Message 28 of 35

Cleoriff
  • 123152 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@viridis wrote:

Ok...this all sounds great so I will ask a question?

What if the O2 store recognises the sim is still active.....(would they say this to the OP... so in effect stop the new swap?)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 29 of 35

MI5
  • 144711 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
I'd just report it lost - phone and sim will be barred immediately and then when all settled with the ex you can say you've found it and the bar will be lifted.

Currently using:
Message 30 of 35