cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need help, first time switching Networks (from EE to now o2)

King
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I'm absolutely new when it comes to switching networks while keeping your number. (Contract)

My situation: My EE contract is about to end and I would like to join o2 with a new phone and contract but keeping my number.

My question is and guess of what to do: Do I wait until my EE contract ends, when it's ended I request a PAC (from EE), I would then go ahead and get a new phone and contract with o2, once I receive my new handset with o2, I would do the 'keep my number form' on o2 etc.

Is that basically what you do? I dont want to mess anything up, for example if I already have the handset and new contract with o2 in my hand (which obviously has a new number attached to it) by doing the PAC situation will it mess anything up? I just want a simple step by step on what to do clearly. There has been no crystal clear guide on the internet to avoid problems. THANKS.

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions
Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@KingThis guide should explain it all: https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@King 

What you describe is the correct method.

Porting your number to O2 won't adversely effect anything. The only things you'll have to change are the settings for any apps that use your phone number, such as WhatsApp and if using an iPhone, you'll need to manually change the number stored on the phone. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3