Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I haven't defaulted

MJSA
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I discovered last night that 02 have applied a default notice to a handset credit agreement taken out in 2016 and which is showing as paid in full on 22/02/2018.

I'm now in the situation where my credit rating has been decimated.

I've spoken to customer services they have said it's a mistake on their part they tried to reassure me it will defiantly be removed, "no way not going to happen" and even going to extent of applying a bill credit to my account but they can't speak directly to the folks that need to correct this mistake and it's going to take days to correct which doesn't help my situation.

I am infuriated at the total lack of competence and total like of customer care here. I've been with o2 for over 18 years I've never missed a bill payment and never received any notification or warning this was going to happen.

How can I speed this up to get it removed and the incorrect default removed from my credit file

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MJSA
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Further to this I have also emailed CreditFileReferrals@o2.com and creditfilereferrals@telefonica.com and haven't had a response. 

I've also got evidence showing the balance was paid in full on 22/02/2018 as Customer service saw the same information

Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144198 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions

Nothing you can do to speed up O2 but you can place a notice of dispute on your credit file whilst it is sorted out.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

MJSA
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the response but there has to be something that can be done this left me in the financial situation where it's ruined my credit and my chances of getting a new home for my family.

Message 4 of 4