cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have paid my bill early, will I be charged twice?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have just paid my bill generated on August 2nd that is due by DD on August 16th via the Make Payment function, but on My O2 it is still showing that payment is due on August 16th...  do I have to cancel the DD and make manual payments in the future all the time now, or will the DD be amended?

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You should have plenty of time for the payment to show on your account which will mean the DD won't be called this month.
Next month will just revert to normal if you leave it.
You manual payment may not show until tomorrow.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You should have plenty of time for the payment to show on your account which will mean the DD won't be called this month.
Next month will just revert to normal if you leave it.
You manual payment may not show until tomorrow.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 9

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You've left sufficient time so the direct debit won't take. No need to cancel it. If you are still unsure you can suspend a direct debit for a month with the bank rather than cancel it but there should be no need.

Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys, thanks for replying!

I spoke with someone on the live chat who said I do need to cancel the DD or I will be billed twice, are you sure it won't be?

Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'd speak to Customer Service on 202.

Live chat are ok for non account enquiries.
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi ya, I always pay my bill the day it is produced Today infact i call and pay via debit card, my DD is still set up and i have never been charged twice or had a DD taken, you wil be fine buddy slight_smile 

Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Your DD should be amended.

You will certainly NOT need billed twice. I think what live chat meant was you might pay twice I.e once by debit card and once by direct debit. As you have paid well in advance of the likely call for date it should be fine.

If your direct debit date is not suitable you can ask O2 to move it. Whilst under no obligation they are normally obliging with these requests.
Message 7 of 9

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
The normal rule of thumb is to clear your account at least 8 days before the due date to prevent the DD from been requested. As you have done this you will be fine.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
You will be fine as said but if the worst did happen you could get a refund from your bank anyway
Message 9 of 9