cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have no service on my phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

but before you all tell me about the current troubles....last night my old telephone number from virgin was ported over from my old phone ( i know it has been done because my old phone now has no service)  Unfortunately  my new phone doesn't either. On my new phone, under settings> network it says SIM not provisioned....what does this mean and is it the problem?

thanks

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

I know this sounds stupid, but is it the o2 sim you have in the handset or the virgin 1? 

The o2 phone will not accept a virgin sim.

Sorry if I asked a stupid question but sometimes it can be the simplest thing.

Regards

Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah, its the O2 sim...and no offence taken slight_smile

Message 3 of 13

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

It can take 24 hours or more for your sim to become active, and the problems from yesterday are most likely not helping matters much. I think you're probably just going to have to be patient for a little while longer..

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
it's already been 24 hours....but I did presume the current mess wouldn't help
Message 5 of 13

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

It's also the weekend, which shouldn't really make a difference, but you never know. Good luck getting it sorted out. Come back and let us know when you do.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

my signal is all ways going and im all ways getting cut of during calls on my iphone 4s  o2 answer turn of my 3g , this cant be right surely 

Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

I asked for my number to be changed last Monday evening...thats almost a FULL SEVEN DAYS now....I have been without ANY phone service now for TWO FULL days (because it seems that Virgin can actually DO their end of the job) I NEED my phone before i go to work on monday evening, i have to have contact with my diabetic husband, who has sole charge of my two children whilst I am at work.  If this is what O2 call customer service then I am beyond words to convey my total disgust. A call (no doubt very expensive) to O2 today just informed me it will take 24 hours....have you any idea how many times i have heard that this week???? At my reckoning its already been WAY over 24 hours

Message 8 of 13

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Seems they have a massive backlog of sim changes and are working through them. It could be another 24 hours yet judging by the number of posts on here about unprovisioned sims.

Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Now i have service...I can call out and send texts   but I can't recieve either *bangsheadon desk* same problem or a new one?

Message 10 of 13