cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have an Iphone 3G

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have an IPhone 3g (one of the first ones) and have acquired an Iphone 4s from E-bay which I'm reliably informed is unlocked. Unfortunately the sim card must be smaller as my present sim card cannot be inserted into the phone. What's the best way to convert my old phone to the new one please? Thanks from Harvey

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
You will need a micro sim which you can get in any O2 store then you will need to do a sim swap which will transfer your number & tariff across to the new sim. They can do this instore for you or you can do it yourself online

http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk

Be aware though that the swap can take anything from a few minutes to 24 hours to complete. Reboot your phone every so often to see if you get signal

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
You will need a micro sim which you can get in any O2 store then you will need to do a sim swap which will transfer your number & tariff across to the new sim. They can do this instore for you or you can do it yourself online

http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk

Be aware though that the swap can take anything from a few minutes to 24 hours to complete. Reboot your phone every so often to see if you get signal
Message 2 of 9

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Your old sim wont fit. The 4S needs a microsim which you can pick up from any O2 store or online...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

How reliable is the guarantee the phone is unlocked? as if it's not after you do the sim swap you could be left with sim that won't fit into the old phone until you do another sim swap!!

Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
The micro sim will fit. The best way to find out if it's unlocked will be to pick up another networks payg sim then plug into iTunes & that will confirm if it's locked or not
Message 5 of 9

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yeah but this ebay we are talking about !
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hence why I suggested plugging into iTunes using a different payg sim
Message 8 of 9

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions