cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a pay and go sim card I have not used for a long time.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a pay and go Sim Card I have not use for a long time, When I tried to use it again all I see is no sim card installed emergency calls only, Can it be re-connected?
Message 1 of 17
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

if it has been more than 6 months then the sim will have been deactivated & most likely the number assigned to someone else

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
How long has it not been used for?

You can call O2 and get the sim reconnected.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

if it has been more than 6 months then the sim will have been deactivated & most likely the number assigned to someone else

Message 3 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks  for  your reply Stuart 1983, I think it is longer than 6 months since I used it. I will have to buy a new one.

Message 4 of 17

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
•cough•
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 5 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Liquid, It has been longer than 6 months since I last used it so I will have to buy a new one, 

Message 6 of 17

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Haha I was only taking the mick don't worry:)

You can get them reactivated if it saves you going to the shop.
Message 7 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

No Prob's Liquid, With 15 years service in with the largest security organisation in the country I am used to much worse than that, wink OK how do I get the sim card re-activated?

I presume it will mean a long wait on the phone to O2, Smiley Mad And can it be done after 6 months and will the original No have been allocated to someone else?

Message 8 of 17

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions

You can call CS hopefully wouldn't be too long of a wait:(

http://freesim.o2.co.uk/

Rather than going out of your way you could just fill in the form above and they'll send you one:)

If your busy it will be the easiest way if you order now it could be with you tomorrow.

its unlikely the sims serial will have been given to someone else you'd end up with a new number Though. 

Message 9 of 17

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I had my son's sim reconnected after almost 9 months (he live's in Berlin) but had to wait for the following day before the unused credit was reinstated. He also kept the same number. I have to do this every year as he never remembers to make a call every 6 months!

Message 10 of 17