cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a new mobile but have with a contract, can I keep the mobile but get rid of contract?

Jason118
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there, a couple of days ago I brought an OPPO A94 5G, which for its price is decent enough for me personally and I am loving it's camera, which previously owning a Galaxy A10 this mobile is far superior. So I'd love to keep the phone. However, it came with a contract, which at the time I didn't think to much about, but as I want to travel outside of Europe this year, I've recently realised that a contract is most definitely not for me, I would much rather pay as I go and have the flexabilty of buying foreign SIM cards, plus I find the contract quite expensive come to think of it. Within this 14 day cooling off period, is it possible to cancel my O2 Refresh Unlimited 20GB plan contract, but also keep my phone and fully pay off the rest of the costs for the mobile device and go back to a pay as you go plan? 

I will be going into a store within the next few days to discuss options, but I am just wondering what to expect.

Many thanks,

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions

@Jason118 

Just pay off the device plan and you can switch to PAYG for free.

Guide: How does O2 Refresh work? 

Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions

@Jason118 

Just pay off the device plan and you can switch to PAYG for free.

Guide: How does O2 Refresh work? 

Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2