Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a contract sim but don’t have a phone

Louise33
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I am in a bit of a predicament I just got my new pay monthly sim and unfortunately my iPhone and Samsung both fell down the toilet, I don't know what to do. Does anyone think 02 will give me a phone to pay up? Or will I have to buy myself one? Any advice is welcomed. Thankyou Louise

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93187 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@Louise33 

Unless you have insurance you will have to buy another phone to use your sim

Check your home contents insurance or possibly insurance included with your bank account

You could try the old rice and leaving in a dry place for a week but once the phones have been in water the electrical components are subject to corrosion at some stage

Message 2 of 7

Louise33
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi no I didn't have a phone from them I owned both phones which fell down the toilet. I bought my iPhone outright and my Samsung 

Message 3 of 7

Louise33
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I tried the rice situation for over a week with my iPhone cause it was a brand new iPhone and I've tried other methods but to no avail. I should try it with my Samsung and see if it works. I'm just wondering I'd 02 will give me a phone I will pay up cause there's no point in having a sim without a phone. Plus I have a house phone I may as well cancel it.

Message 4 of 7

jonsie
  • 93187 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

O2 ll send you a new sim if necessary but you will have to purchase another phone yourself

If You need to call customer service

Advice from an O2 Guru to get through:
If you call any of the free numbers in the link.

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 
Use Skype if necessary, when it comes to the reason you are calling stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Choose the fraud or upgrade option if necessary

8am is the best time to get through

Message 5 of 7

jonsie
  • 93187 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Louise33 

You could see if you could upgrade to a full refresh with phone, check in your MyO2 to see if you can http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 7