Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

I feel I was mis-sold the Simplicty plan after a 2 year

Hi
Also sent to mycare@02mail.co.uk
I have been with O2 for two years and a gold customer, and never had an issue. At the end of my two year contract it was suggested by one of your telephone sales people to move to a 600 simplicity plan until the iPhone 5 came out.
I went over my minutes this month for the first time ever, and have been charged over £200 for the extra 500 minutes. I was not told it was 35p per min to go over my minutes and find that the cost is totally out unproportional to the real value.
I feel that that sales person sold this on the basis that you would hope I go over my minutes and then get a massive phone bill, you might have one this but you you end up losing a customer in the long term as why would I not just go to Orange, Vodafone etc ? Its so short sighted to mis-sell like this.
I will also make a complaint to the OFT, as I felt I was mis sold!
Anonymous

Re: I feel I was mis-sold the Simplicty plan after a 2 year

Only us customers here.
Is this a 12 month Simplicity Plan or a 30 day rolling contract?
I do know there was some discussion on here about the out of bundle charges which are steep.
Really, if you are going over by 500 minutes you are on the wrong package.
Anonymous

So, you moved to a plan with 600 minutes, how many minutes did you have before moving to the new plan?
Topics: 577
Solutions: 4,091

I'm not too sure why you think you have a valid complaint. All the call charges not covered by your allowance are plain to see on the O2 website.
They aren't hidden in the small print, there is a big blue icon which activates a large print pop out.
To go over by 500 minutes when you have a 600 minute allowance is tbh totally irresponsible. Call costs for out of allowance charges went up by 10p/min quite a while ago and were much discussed here on the forum.
The pre-increase cost/minute would still have netted you a charge of £125.
Maybe a little more research would have made you aware instead of blaming your own failures on O2...or would you have expected the adviser to tell you how much charges were for voicemail, texts or mms?
Moral is, research before agreeing to any change of tariff.
Topics: 25
Kudos: 275
Solutions: 39

I agree with the sentiments above. You know your own usage so the 600 mins must have been ample at the time. Its not as if you can't get that information (21202 is easy) so there is no grounds for complaint.
Regardless of the network, you are the one who has to decide if the package is suitable for your needs. Even so, the confirmation of change would have told you exactly what you were getting for the money so again, the onus is back to you.
Anonymous

.....and considering some other networks charge 40p for out of bundle minutes you'd be illadvised to change.
Anonymous

I have to say I am in agreement. You didn't go over your minutes because you changed tariff. You went over because you used your phone too much. It's not rocket surgery. The idea that O2 would deliberately set you up in the hope this would happen is too ridiculous for words.
Anonymous

What did you think would happen when you went over your minutes?
Anonymous

kinda makes me glad i`m still on my simplicity tariff.
but now i want a new handset i have a dilemma of buy a sim free or loose the perks of the old tariffs namely...
free voicemail
4-1 txts on mms/international
20.5p charge for going over my minutes

If the original poster was on a similar tariff from 20p to the current 35ppm out of bundle charge, that would come as a shock.
Topics: 48
Kudos: 591
Solutions: 48

kinda makes me glad i`m still on my simplicity tariff.
but now i want a new handset i have a dilemma of buy a sim free or loose the perks of the old tariffs namely...
free voicemail
4-1 txts on mms/international
20.5p charge for going over my minutes

If the original poster was on a similar tariff from 20p to the current 35ppm out of bundle charge, that would come as a shock.

You need to look at it from 2 ways. Does the old tariff suit you, do you ever go over and do you text from abroad and send mms with the old tariff?
Would you be better buying a sim free phone?
Is the new tariff going to offer you more for the same and is the phone for free. but long term would you be better of?
Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.