Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

I cant use my Cirrus Debit card to start a monthly contract

It doesn't have a security code on the back.

Help

i got it specifically to get a contract
Highlighted
Topics: 247
Solutions: 1,614

You need a multi-function card. Surely with a contract you would be better using a direct debit from your bank account, as you are committing to paying monthly for the duration of the contract, no matter what. It cannot be cancelled.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Highlighted
Anonymous

Cirrus? I thought that's just the name of the international network for getting cash from cash mashines abroad that are Cirrus-affiliated. The actual debit card brand would be either one of Solo, Switch/Maestro, Visa Electron or Visa Debit.

In any case, as perksie said, they almost always ask for bank details nowadays as most contracts require payment via Direct Debit (not related to any debit card).
Highlighted
Topics: 556
Solutions: 3,456

Cirrus? I thought that's just the name of the international network for getting cash from cash mashines abroad that are Cirrus-affiliated.

Yes that's absolutely correct. The logo is just a guarantee that you can use your card worldwide to withdraw cash at ant ATM which also bears the 'Cirrus' logo.As previously stated by both perksie and DonDino2 its best to set up a direct debit. May also be a good idea to check with your card issuer with regards to there being no security number on your debit card as you will not be able to use it for phone or on-line purchases without that number.
Highlighted
Anonymous

thank you all very much.
i shall get in contact with my bank and O2