cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't get online all the time

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry im kind of interrupting but have quite similiar problem and didn't want to start new topic... I've recently switched from pay as you go to pay monthly and got Sony Xperia Tipo. In my offer i got 100MB internet but after a month I realised I needed more. So I upgraded my Bolt On Internet limit from 100MB to 500MB and since I've got new settings my Internet doesn't work! Works only via Wi-fi which is very annoying. I should have it on for more than a week now and I don't know what to do, any ideas...? Thanks!

Message 1 of 19
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I get that with facebook on G. The app really needs a 3G signal to work properly. Can you load Google on the browser OK?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 15 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
What new settings? You don't need anything different between 100mb or 500mb of data. The only differences are between contract and PAYG. If data was working on contract with 100mb data it should still work with 500mb data, or did you not switch apn's when you switched to contract?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 19

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi Daria,

I moved your post to a new thread, as it is more suited to its own thread slight_smile

Cheers, Toby
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 3 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

I know it should but it doesn't! Wherever I am where there's no wi-fi I can't connect to the internet. By 'new settings' I meant 500MB data instead of 100MB. This is my 2nd month on pay monthly, for all first I had only 100MB internet but I used it up very quickly so I decided to upgrade and since new month started I still have no internet unless there's wi-fi....

(Thanks Toby btw!)

Message 4 of 19

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Try texting ACTIVE to 2020 and save the settings. Reboot the phone and try to connect again. If you still have problems we can then look further into it for you.

Let us know how you get on.

Message 5 of 19

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
OK, start from the beginning. Turn off phone, remove battery and SIM for 5 mins then restart. If that doesn't work we'll check the APN's.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, I texted ACTIVE and rebooted my phone twice - nothing, so I sent a text again and rebooted - still nothing. Now I removed battery and SIM and see in few minutes what happens. (Thanks a lot guys so far!!!!)

Message 7 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
No, still no network connection....
Message 8 of 19

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Go into Settings >Mobile Networks >Access Point Names and look to see if you have any O2 settings with a green dot next to them.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
there is 'O2 MMS' thing, when I go into it, in Proxy is 'not set', Port 'not set', Server 'not set', I don't know if it matters? Still have no internet anyway.
Message 10 of 19