cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can not use my last 78p to text a message

Anonymous
Not applicable

I only have 78p left on my pay as you go phone and have not been able to text any texes for 5 days.. is it because they will not let me text because I have not topped up in the last 3 months? if so then this is not on.. I still have enough money on my phone to do a text.. this is not right. all texes fail.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122795 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I have had the same one for many years..  I sometimes do not use it so only use about 3 to 4 top ups a year.. so 30 to 40 pound a year. Only use it for the odd text nothing else. 

Then you must contact CS tomorrow. The tariff you were on may be obsolete now. Only CS can advise. Best time to call and get through quickly is between 8 to 8.30am. ring 4445

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122795 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous What payg tariff are you on? Some require you to top up every month you see. Tariffs have changed recently and the latest is Simply Payg http://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-and-go/simply-pay-as-you-go

The best thing you can do is call customer services tomorrow between 8-830 and speak to someone about your tariff. http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I know texts are only 14p to send but if you didn't top up when you were required to do so this could be the problem ...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had the same one for many years..  I sometimes do not use it so only use about 3 to 4 top ups a year.. so 30 to 40 pound a year. Only use it for the odd text nothing else. 

Message 3 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122795 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Then you must contact CS tomorrow. The tariff you were on may be obsolete now. Only CS can advise. Best time to call and get through quickly is between 8 to 8.30am. ring 4445

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144142 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
If you have credit you should be able to text, regardless of what tariff you are on the cost of the text will come out of the credit.
Check if there are any network problems in your area and try restarting your phone first.
http://status.o2.co.uk/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5