Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am trying to change my bank details and name

Lottie2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am trying to change my banks details over and my name but it wont let me do it on my account. The name is going to be different so it is says it I have to contact someone. 

Please cna you help. I need it to stop the payments coming out of this account. 

please advise 

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Hi @Lottie2 

You can change the bank the payments come from by going into the "My Details" section of your MyO2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2 

You will need your phone to set up a PIN to access this.

Changing the name, however, is not possible. The current contract would have to be ended and the person whos name is required to own the account would need to apply for their own account and pass the credit checks etc.

If you need any further assistance, please call customer services on 202.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Hi @Lottie2 

You can change the bank the payments come from by going into the "My Details" section of your MyO2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2 

You will need your phone to set up a PIN to access this.

Changing the name, however, is not possible. The current contract would have to be ended and the person whos name is required to own the account would need to apply for their own account and pass the credit checks etc.

If you need any further assistance, please call customer services on 202.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Just change the bank account details as described above, you don't need the name of the person whose account it is unless it specifically asks for that. If so, you need to call 202. The phone contract will always be in your name.

Message 3 of 4

b4u2
Level 8: Talented
  • 368 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 5 Solutions
The best and most reliable way to change your details is by contacting the customer service team by live chat or phone. They should be able to assist you.
Message 4 of 4