Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

I am totally FED UP with O2's "Don't Care" policy

Hi all,
Cutting a story short...
Mast up the road, was Vodafone only. In Septermber time it was replaced by a O2/Voda Joint Venture mast, all was well for a month or so, then the probs started.
Whenever anyone is using an O2 phone in 3G mode within vicintiy of this street mast they get calls dropping, "Call Failed" error messages mid call, SMS hanging and when calls are running through it the speech is "goldfish bowl" in nature, even with 5 bars signal. Horrendous.
Turning to 2G solves the problem. Only happens in home area, street mast is 50 yds up the road.
Using an iPhone, I want 3G to work properly, and not faff about switching modes to make a call (I use Exchange email which is pants in 2G).
It's not the phone as anywhere else with 3G my phone is fine, and anyone else with 3G in the area have the same issue.
Called O2 and they promised an engineer will look at it, and right enough, I got a call from an engineer and he said there was no issue, even though he admitted my call was breaking up. He promised to check further, and got no reply.
I emailed O2's complaint email, and was told that they couldn't see any fault, that's the way it is, and have £10 off your line rental each month as a courtesy.
A discount isn't going to make the issue go away. My line rental was £45, and I'd prefer to pay full whack if my phone worked.
The problem is with the mast, not the phone, as demonstrated. It may be possible that the mast is working OK, but is maybe interfering with co-channel interference with another mast, hence causing the issue (hence why the stats on the mast may appear to be fine)?
As it stands, my 2 year contract ends in October, and I want out of it. Now. Without penalty. Unless they can fix the problem.
I'm sick to death of having this issue, and just want it to work. Chucking money at the customer isn't going to fix the issue.
Anyone have a senior point of contact I can raise this with, or can anyone at O2 reading this PM me?
At the end of my tether,
PlymBlk
PS: Wasn't as short as I planned... sorry!!
Topics: 247
Solutions: 1,614

Re: I am totally FED UP with O2's "Don't Care" policy

[ Edited ]
If it helps:
Link: http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN ... CASE=13668
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Anonymous

[ Edited ]
If it helps:

Those are the guys who checked to £10/month discount on my line..... Who's the big cheese at O2 these days?
Anonymous

[ Edited ]
If it helps:

Those are the guys who checked to £10/month discount on my line..... Who's the big cheese at O2 these days?

Ronan Dunne, but there isn't much point writing to him as customer complaints are handled by high level complaints...who you've already written to.
You say that o2 "don't care" however they've sent an engineer out who I'm assuming hasn't been able to solve the issue. They've also offered you a discount because you can't use your phone in that spot and at the moment they don't have a resolution.
I think you're being a bit harsh. In my mind not caring would be along the lines of a 'we don't guarantee coverage everywhere, it's in your t&c and no the computer says the network is fine so no engineer'.
By the way, I'm in a similar boat. o2's coverage map says my signal should be great here, however, due to some unfortunate circumstances...is isn't! o2 sent an engineer who did their test but politely told me nothing can be done. I then got an apology off CS.
I've accepted this because at the end of the day it's a wireless network, things like this will happen and o2 have looked into it for me. I'm pretty sure if they could give me and my neighbours and also you and your neighbours a decent signal they would because they don't make any money off you if you aren't using your phone :smileywink:
Anonymous

Hi
I totaly get where you are coming from its the frustration caused by having an issue and no one taking responsibility for solution.
I have issue too so i have given up with online chat, and customer service re phone. I HAVE GONE TO THE 02 STORE nearest me and now am going to deal with them as a customer service proffesional i believe this maxim....
YOU HAVE A PROBLEM.....
UNLESS YOU MAKE IT SOMEONE ELSES PROBLEM TOO...
THEN ONLY YOU HAVE A PROBLEM...
WHEN ITS SOMEONE ELSES PROBLEM TOO.....
YOU OFTEN GAIN A SOLUTION!!!!!
Hope you get sorted soon Smiley Happy
Anonymous

HI
With regards to the the post before mine saying they dont get any moey if you not using phone...
Thats not quite the case if you are on monthly contract as they charge the tariff anyway.
Its time stores were more involved to ensure acceptable accountability.
Smiley Happy
Anonymous

HI
With regards to the the post before mine saying they dont get any moey if you not using phone...
Thats not quite the case if you are on monthly contract as they charge the tariff anyway.
Smiley Happy

Ok I'll make it easier to understand for you, if you aren't using the phone o2 don't make any money from the likes of calls/texts outside of a customers normal allowance eg: non geographical numbers, calls abroad, premium SMS etc.
Anonymous

HI
Smiley Happy

Ok I'll make it easier to understand for you, if you aren't using the phone o2 don't make any money from the likes of calls/texts outside of a customers normal allowance eg: non geographical numbers, calls abroad, premium SMS etc.

A touch patronising methinks!
I think everybody understood what you were saying and it was seriously flawed. failte100 only said what the rest of us were thinking.
There was me believing that poor old O2 hadn't made any money out of me this month because I had only used a small fraction of my 1200 minutes... and had only given them £45+, then I realised that I sent six texts to France. Phew! Patronising? Me? Never!!!
Smiley Wink
Anonymous

HI
Smiley Happy

A touch patronising methinks!
I think everybody understood what you were saying and it was seriously flawed. failte100 only said what the rest of us were thinking.
There was me believing that poor old O2 hadn't made any money out of me this month because I had only used a small fraction of my 1200 minutes... and had only given them £45+, then I realised that I sent six texts to France. Phew! Patronising? Me? Never!!!
Smiley Wink

Seriously flawed, maybe for some. Hence I made it crystal clear Smiley Happy
Anonymous

As to my original post, after giving plenty of time and being in dialogue with the O2 Exec department, they have agreed PAC codes for both my numbers, so regrettably I will no longer be an O2 customer by the weekend. Shame, as I used to love the unlimited internet. Smiley Wink
However, will still lurk here from time to time Smiley Tongue
Adios O2, it's been fun.