Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am in Norway and can't connect to Cell Networks

GeorgieT2013
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Prior to coming to Norway (and on my last visit) I checked with 02 to make sure that I would get cell coverage whilst in Norway, as due to health conditions I need access to my number. However when I try to connect to local networks via roaming, I am met with messages that it was unable to connect to local networks and they show as "Forbidden Networks".

I have tried to get hold of a human to speak to, however due to COVID-19 this hasn't been possible. Any help would be amazing as I desperately need access to my number.

Thanks

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You have a roaming bar.
Only way is to contact customer service. Keep trying https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Coronavirus-Covid-19-Community-Help-and-Su...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@GeorgieT2013 

First try a manual search for alternative networks.

If that fails you'll have to keep trying customer service https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Coronavirus-Covid-19-Community-Help-and-Su...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

GeorgieT2013
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for messaging. I have tried to mannual search but each return as forbidden networks.

I have tried being in contact but I can't get through to any one.

Message 3 of 7

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
@GeorgieT2013 what networks are you being presented with, also what device are you using?
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You have a roaming bar.
Only way is to contact customer service. Keep trying https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Coronavirus-Covid-19-Community-Help-and-Su...

Currently using:
Message 5 of 7

GeorgieT2013
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

finally managed to get through to someone, thank you kind people slight_smile

Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You're welcome

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7