cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am an 02 customer from last 5 years!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I am a 02 customer from last 5 years, and I cant believe that when I tried to order a new contract (IPhone 5 16gb 24 months), 02 wanted me to pay a deposit of £150.

They said they will refund me after 3 months of paying the bills!! It looks like a joke to me, I am paying them from last 5 years more then £40 a month, and they still ask me for deposit.

Is anyone here who had the same problem?

If things are like that I am seriously thinking to leave 02, as many people I heard saying 02 doesnt have a very good customer service, and they dont even do anything to improve it and make their customers happy.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Now you add another twist.

You are looking to start a new contract and not an upgrade.

If you upgrade then they rarley do a credit check as they know your history etc but a new contract at a new address then they cerdit check.

This is where your issue arrises.

Call 202 is the best or wait until upgrade date

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 11 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok. I didnt know that. I thought is same procedure for both. I am on the phone with 202 from last 20 mins trying to get trough someone, but everyone seems busy overthere.

Lets see whats the outcome after this call.

Message 12 of 17

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

It will be busy on 202 because of the recent launch (or lack of it) for the Samsung Galaxy S4. You'll just have to try to be patient and wait for someone to answer. Speaking to Customer Sevices will be the best way for you to resolve your problem.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 13 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well!! Just spoke to someone on 202 and guess what? without asking if I would like to wait for my upgrade date or trying to fix mi issue the adviser was ready to cancel my contract and was asking me the payments details. Is absolutely ridiculous how they treat their customers!!

I am even more shocked now!!

Message 14 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
It could also be in connection to the high end smartphone your wanting too.

Possibly the 02 contact misinterpreted what you were wanting.
Message 15 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

I ordered a £27 p/m 24 months with £99 upfront cost Iphone 5 16 gb.

I dont know wether he misinterpreted what I wanted or he was trying to finish the call as quick as possible. from his behaviour I understood that. he was in a rush. I can understand they are busy and everything, but they should give enough time to their customers, specially if someone (me) waited about 30 mins on the phone beforesomeone actually answered it.

Anyway I will give up. After this even more convinced to leave 02 once my contract ends in couple of months.

Thanks 02 for your great customer service!!

Message 16 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

I finally think whats the problem. Been into a different network store and they told me the reason that could be is that my address is not registered with royal mail as I live in a flat, they dont have the specific flat number but the whole bunch. But thinking about it, how can it be? I am getting all my bank bills, electricity, credit cars, insurance etc bills everything comes on this address. If is not registred how can all of the above come here? I am a bit confused now.

Message 17 of 17