cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I WAS ON THE PHONE FOR 1H17MINS TO BE TOLD YOU CHANGED YOUR PAYMENT MANAGEMENT CONTACT NUMBER

Funktofunky
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I was on the phone for 1 hour 17 mins trying to get through to Payment Management because I'm currently not working. Only to be told that I have to call a different number. 😡

The number I called was 0800 902 0217 - THAT IS THE NUMBER THAT IS CURRENTLY ON YOUR WEBSITE TO CALL PAYMENT MANAGEMENT!!!!! Look it up! It is also the number I was told by an agent a couple weeks ago to call. I wrote it down. 

If you changed the number then put that on your website, obviously. You people need to get your act together. Jeez! 😡😡😡😡😡

I'm now having to redial the number over and over and over and over again, being bombarded by useless automated jibberish and useless texts with info I already know, then getting hung up on. Come on!.....

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Funktofunky
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The agent told me to hang up and try a different number. So how is  getting through via ANY number helpful?

Message 11 of 21

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10668 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
Hi @Funktofunky
Sorry to hear your difficulty.
We are an o2 community forum and try to give the best advice possible which has been provided to us.
These are exceptional times, more than frustrating. I too like to get my problems sorted out quickly, best way.
The only thing to add is when you can, call customer services early in the morning 08.00am. This may give you a better chance to get an answer.
Best try and get an o2 operative even though terrible experience. Sympathy for the o2 operatives too, it's not their fault bless them and all who are working through unprecedented times.
Good luck and welcome to the o2 community forum TallTrees

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 13 of 21

Funktofunky
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

FYI

Just spoke to an agent. She said that they are now telling customers who need to contact payment management to dial 0800 325 302, and NOT to call 0800 902 0217.
I know that this is not what it states in all other info, and I did bring this up with the agent. 

The reason I was given is because, due to current circumstances, they're have the main customer service team deal with requests to delay payments. 

Message 14 of 21

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35211 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Thanks for the update, @Funktofunky.

Did your issue get addressed after the wait? 

@Martin-O2 @Marjo Can the number be updated, please, in this guide? 

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Coronavirus-Covid-19-Community-Help-and-Su...

Message 15 of 21

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10668 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
Fantastic @Funktofunky
I hope you were able to sort your issues too.
Good luck and best wishes TallTrees

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 16 of 21

Funktofunky
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It'll do for now. Thank you. I know that businesses have been thrown into the deep end with all that's happening. I spent over 2.5 hours on the phone in the queue for Curry's the other day. 

Message 17 of 21

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Thanks for taking the time to come on here and we can now advise accordingly. Glad you got sorted so now try to relax smiling

Message 18 of 21

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

That's good news @Funktofunky 

Thank you for letting us know. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 21

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey guys, 

I've checked internally about the payment management phone numbers just in case. Thanks for tagging us @pgn ! 

The number 0800 902 0217 is for Payment Management. When you call it will ask for your O2 number, then puts you through if possible (as you know it's super busy at the moment so if the lines are too busy, it will beep twice and drop and you'd have to try again later). The other number 0800 032 5302 takes you to the payment line to make an actual payment. It then takes you through the IVR as normal if you need something else.

Hope that helps clarify the difference between these numbers.

Message 20 of 21