Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

I NEED HELP !!

hello I am getting new handset because my blackberry bold is not working properly and I have been given 7 choices. Out of 7 I would only consider 4 which are HTC HD7, HTC Desire S, HTC sensation and blackberry torch. im not sure whcih handset to go for. so was wondering if someone would give me some advice and their opinions? thank you.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: I NEED HELP !!

New torch models due out very soon so don't get that!
Highlighted
Topics: 25
Kudos: 275
Solutions: 39

Well if there wasn't a new Torch coming I'd say go for that if you're happy with Blackberry's but I guess this is a warranty/insurance replacement. However your choice is really down to what your local area is capable of signal wise. If it is a strong 3G then you'll be fine with the WP7 or Android handsets (just make sure you have a data plan of at least 500MB) otherwise if its weak then the BB is your best choice if data is important.
Highlighted
Anonymous

New torch models due out very soon so don't get that!

the reason why i cannot wait for the new one is because my handset is broken and ive sent it out for repair many times and O2 said they will replace my handset and gave me these choices and the new torch is not an option
Highlighted
Anonymous

Well if there wasn't a new Torch coming I'd say go for that if you're happy with Blackberry's but I guess this is a warranty/insurance replacement. However your choice is really down to what your local area is capable of signal wise. If it is a strong 3G then you'll be fine with the WP7 or Android handsets (just make sure you have a data plan of at least 500MB) otherwise if its weak then the BB is your best choice if data is important.

ive never used an HTC thats why i am asking ive been given 23 choices and tbh i cant tell the different between them all just the looks :/ my contract ends march 2013 so i will be using the phone i choose for quite a while... does the HTC take up alot of data?
Highlighted
Topics: 25
Kudos: 275
Solutions: 39

Ah this gets interesting. Android phones have a tendency to use a lot of data via apps. Can't comment on the WP7 but expect the same but the BB uses compression so usage is lower. Obviously with a bit of attention its not that bad if you control the data on Android etc.
I would recommend to try and visit a few shops to see what you are comfortable with before committing. But if you can't and have to make a quick decision then go for the one that will be easily sellable and the most expensive. Get that and sell it on when you find a phone you like using the proceeds :robotwink:
Now if it was me, I'd be going for the HTC Sensation as the HD7 is about to be superseded along with the Mango update and the Desire S is er, "meh" Smiley Very Happy
Highlighted
Anonymous

Ah this gets interesting. Android phones have a tendency to use a lot of data via apps. Can't comment on the WP7 but expect the same but the BB uses compression so usage is lower. Obviously with a bit of attention its not that bad if you control the data on Android etc.
I would recommend to try and visit a few shops to see what you are comfortable with before committing. But if you can't and have to make a quick decision then go for the one that will be easily sellable and the most expensive. Get that and sell it on when you find a phone you like using the proceeds :robotwink:
Now if it was me, I'd be going for the HTC Sensation as the HD7 is about to be superseded along with the Mango update and the Desire S is er, "meh" Smiley Very Happy

i spoke to o2 and the guy said he would send me an iphone 4 since i do not want any of those other phones he didnt sound so convincing though so we will see what happens... its meant to come on thursday
Highlighted
Anonymous

Not quite sure what you're saying there, the Titan replaces the HD7 but the Mango update will work on all first gen WP7 devices HD7 included.
Highlighted
Anonymous

If the Angel branch is anything to go by, they won't sell you anything WP7 because their staff don't know anything about it.
I came in with a WP7 and asked WP7 questions yet they still tryed giving me info on the iPhone!!!
Thinking of changing carriers, O2 isgoing down fast