Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huge payment taken, no notice

bearofwisdom88
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, I need help and I have no idea what to do.

I missed a bill for my iPad two months ago, this is on direct debit, so they tried to take it again next month and although it failed, I made a payment on the account for the bill amount as I had the money there to do it.

I am disabled and on benefits, and can’t work unfortunately. I haven’t had any messages, I’ve had no letters, and no texts which I usually get if I have a late bill. My iPhone account does this if I’ve accidentally missed the date.

What can I do here? I assume that the contract was cancelled without any contact to me, and I need to fix this. I can’t afford to pay the £600 they’ve taken. It’s taken all of my benefit payment, and my rent. Is there anything I can do to fix this? I expected my normal payment to be taken and I’d pay the rest manually, and if I’m being frank, i have no other support. I live alone, and with the quarantine going on, I can’t get anyone to help me. I’m high risk and I need to pay for everything to be delivered. I just don’t have the amount of money that’s been taken.

I think my bank will reject the payment but on the off chance it doesn’t, I’m in a huge unplanned overdraft and with zero money. I feel like such an idiot for missing this, but I do get regular updates from my one account, and all my messages are forwarded to phone anyway. No messages on my iPad and no emails. I don’t have any letters here, but I hope they sent them at least, even if they didn’t get to me.

I’m going to call them in the morning but at 1am this is currently causing me a lot of panic. I just want to fix this problem as quickly as possible, and to see if I’m supposed to set up updates like that in some way.

Thank you for reading, sorry I wrote an essay. I’m just very worried
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@bearofwisdom88 It sounds as if O2 has taken the full amount for what you owe in one go. It's strange that you had no notification that would happen. Have you checked your spam email folder?

This is a customer community, and we have no access to anyone's account, so there isn't much we can do for you.

The department you need to contact is Payment Management.

You can reach the Payment Management team on 0800 902 0217. It’s a free call

The opening times are:

Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm

Saturday – 8am to 6pm

Sunday – 9am to 6pm

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/payment-support

As the lines get inundated very quickly due to the crisis, I would advise you to make the call at 8 am sharp.

Best of luck. Hope you can get this resolved.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@bearofwisdom88 It sounds as if O2 has taken the full amount for what you owe in one go. It's strange that you had no notification that would happen. Have you checked your spam email folder?

This is a customer community, and we have no access to anyone's account, so there isn't much we can do for you.

The department you need to contact is Payment Management.

You can reach the Payment Management team on 0800 902 0217. It’s a free call

The opening times are:

Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm

Saturday – 8am to 6pm

Sunday – 9am to 6pm

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/payment-support

As the lines get inundated very quickly due to the crisis, I would advise you to make the call at 8 am sharp.

Best of luck. Hope you can get this resolved.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @bearofwisdom88 

Another number for the payment management team is 0800 325 302

If you can't get through on either then try these O2 numbers

0800 977 73370800 587 4005 and 0800 090 1808

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 5

bearofwisdom88
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you both for helping me! I called this morning as you suggested and I’m going to put in an indemnity claim with my bank.

I was very panicked but now I’m feeling a lot better, thank you again!
Message 4 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

No problem @bearofwisdom88 

So pleased to hear you got through.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 5