cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huge data bill - help

Anonymous
Not applicable
My latest 02 bull is totalling over £700. I am most distraught as my average monthly spend is around 130 pounds. I travel very frequently, usually once a month and always use data in the same way, usually connected to wifi where possible. I am not sure how I have managed to spend so much on my last trip abroad as this is the first time I have come even close to this bill total. I fear that I will be disconnected as I am not able to pay this amount. Please help.

David Broughton
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

@Bambino wrote:

What hasn't been established is where the OP has been. He says abroad, but where? Did he receive any texts from O2 that he was going over any limits he may have set?

Until the OP checks we can't be sure, data is capped but if the charges are for calls or mms.....

or indeed if he was travelling and crossing borders...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Is their no upper bill limit before a contract customer is contacted ?

£700 is a lot to rack up. I understand O2 may not have seen this straight away on the account but still I would have thought they would have contracted the OP to warn of the pending bill and to ensure it was the account holder racking it up.

If it's legitimate then you can ask for a repayment process, if they let you ,so your not cut off with loss of services , with possible re connection bills or even worse debt collectors.

Message 12 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
There is a £40 limit to start off with. When the user reaches this limit they are given the option to increase this to £120. Once this is exhausted the user then may send a further message to request that there is no limit applied. users usually request no limit and the call customer service and blame O2 for the charges, not realising that O2 can see the date and time the messages were sent to firstly raise the limit and then remove the limit.
Message 13 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all, thanks for the responses. I was in Australia at the time and all the charges relate to data according to the bill. I had ate roaming on but was connected to wifi the majority of the time. I never turn it off when abroad and haven't had this problem. As for removing a cap, i didn't request this from 02 either. Guess I shall be giving them a call.
Message 14 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
You're Welcome.

Some phones such as the iPhone for example auto switch from wifi to mobile data when the screen times out as a battery saving feature.

I would give them a call as you say and see what can be done.

Would you let is know the outcome please.
Message 15 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 would have to give you a break on this if you didn't give authorisation.

Let us know how you get on and thanks for sharing
Message 16 of 16