cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huge bill

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I was in the us 6th till 11th of November and have recieved a huge bill . My husband and daughter both with vodaphone were automatically sent a text informing them they would pay £4.99 per day charges .  don't you think o2 should inform customers by text of their charges . Unfortunately I assumed my charges would be the same .  I'm not a happy customer ,I haven't been with o2 very long but thought my tariff was very competitive but silent charges really dissapointed me .  😕

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If you had checked rather than assumed you would have seen that you too could of had the £4.99 a day charge added to your account for use while in the USA.
All you can do now is call o2 on 202 and hope that you get a sympathetic agent who may offer you a goodwill discount.
Best of luck.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If you had checked rather than assumed you would have seen that you too could of had the £4.99 a day charge added to your account for use while in the USA.
All you can do now is call o2 on 202 and hope that you get a sympathetic agent who may offer you a goodwill discount.
Best of luck.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous As you were out of the Europe Zone and not activated O2 Travel..you would have been liable for international charges

http://international.o2.co.uk/internationaltariffs/travelling_abroad#

Not sure why you didnt receive a text but this shows costs in the US if on contract

US abroad.PNG

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

You could have activated O2 Travel as well... then you would have been able to use the £4.99 charge

See here https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/international/using-phone-abroad

*Edited for spelling! slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 9

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yup.....

Currently using:
Message 5 of 9

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I have to say I'm surprised you got no text. Everytime I go back to Thailand 🇹🇭 and any stopover on the way I always get a text informing me of charges  and the option of using O2 Travel. 

Message 6 of 9

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

That's some travelling you have done there @jonsie. tongue However, proof if needed, that texts are sent. I always get them when I go to Spain. Slightly different from 'the rest of the world' but even so....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 9

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous, welcome to our forum! Sorry to hear that you had unwanted charges on your bill after travelling. 😞 Please do take a look at the advice above, let us know if that explains it and if you have any further questions we could help you with.

Message 9 of 9