Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei p30 pro SIM card issue

Tom79
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
My phone currently isn't recognising any sim card and the fingerprint reader is recognising any of my fingers, does anyone know what I can do? I currently don't have a phone while I'm outside.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

SRV
Level 3: Thinker
  • 27 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
@Tom79 I would recommend checking for any system updates to see if they might include a fix. Otherwise, it may be worth (backing up your data) and factory resetting your phone in case it’s a software issue.

Failing that, the next step would be to have your device sent in for repair. You can arrange this with customer services, who are currently experiencing extended waiting times but will be able to have it looked over and hopefully fixed/replaced.

The timescale on this is typically 3-5 working days which may be delayed further due to C-19. Unfortunately it does mean you will be without a phone in that time.

The other route you can try is the Support app on your P30 Pro which may be able to diagnose the issue or connect you to Huawei Support to resolve the issue with them.

Hope this helps.
I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.
Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144204 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Tom79 

Can you try your sim on another phone to rule out a sim fault?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

Tom79
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
SIM card works in other devices
Message 4 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics