Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei p20 pro

MickSmart
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I've had my phone since last November and love it, however, will all these problems with Google affect me, if so would O2 offer me a different phone or will I be stuck with a phone that won't work properly, many thanks
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
At this stage there is no way to tell what the impact will be, but for all current devices you will still be able to access the play store, and any AOSP (Android Open Source Platform) updates.

If the worse comes to the worse then the responsibility will fall on Huawei and Google for what happens, i very much doubt anyone will offer you a different phone, as this falls outside of o2's responsibility, so i would take it up with Huawei and Google
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
At this stage there is no way to tell what the impact will be, but for all current devices you will still be able to access the play store, and any AOSP (Android Open Source Platform) updates.

If the worse comes to the worse then the responsibility will fall on Huawei and Google for what happens, i very much doubt anyone will offer you a different phone, as this falls outside of o2's responsibility, so i would take it up with Huawei and Google
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
No chance at all of O2 offering you anything else unless the direction comes from Huawei.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You could try lobbying your local MP with Huawei and the government wanting to put their kit in the 5G mast infrastructure,

Message 4 of 4