cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Htc one contract deals & woes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys,

I'm on abit if a mission and I hope can help.

I'm looking to change phones, currently using a HTC HD2 and want to upgrade to the HTC One.

Using comparison sites such as uswitch I've found reasonable deals such as £27--300mins, unlimited text, 500mb Internet & unlimited bt open-zone.

When asking upgrades they didn't seem interested that I found this deal and offered me £37 with a hefty £70 cost for the phone.

Anyone know why they wouldn't match there own deals ?? Or have any tricks or tips which may help

Many thanks pritch

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Personally I tend to avoid comparison sites, and also be wary of Amazon and the like - bought the wife a replacement sim-free Desire HD a while back from the afore mentioned site and it turned out to be for the far eastern market (though the phone works perfectly)

Not had to return anything other than with CPW, and they were no problem at all, and there's always a local store so you can deal in person if there's an issue.

The contract is with your chosen carrier, so you deal directly with them as if you'd purchased from them slight_smile

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
A lot of times O2 will not match deals and its sometimes cheaper to go through third party's even on the same network not good but it's how it works most times
Message 2 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Independent phone shops & online stores don't have the same overheads as network providers and also will subsidise phone prices just to gain market share in selling new contracts. The network is the same O2 wherever you get the deal from so go with where ever you can find the cheapest deal....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Strange, I'm on that deal currently. Got it with my samsung galaxy s2 24months ago. Find it madness because O2 aren't the best deals. Not even sure if there best for coverage.

Are there any major downsides with using 3rd party phone company's ??
Message 4 of 13

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
O2 review their own deals every year in March so what you had 2 years ago is no longer available. Unless you feel compelled to go directly with O2 just go for the cheapest deal - It's your money at the end of the day......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Haha I'm not compelled, but in fairness I was away offered good deals directly.

Got to add tho the deal I am currently on same minutes,text and Internet is still available through a 3rd party.
Message 6 of 13

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Got to add tho the deal I am currently on same minutes,text and Internet is still available through a 3rd party.

Quite possible which is why I said "O2 review their OWN deals"

Currently using:
Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Strange, I'm on that deal currently. Got it with my samsung galaxy s2 24months ago. Find it madness because O2 aren't the best deals. Not even sure if there best for coverage.

Are there any major downsides with using 3rd party phone company's ??

By 3rd party I presume you mean CPW/fones4u etc.?

There is usually a major upside to dealing with these guys, as the handset will be unlocked - i.e. no carrier bloatware and no waiting ages for the carrier (O2, Voda etc.) to 'test' software updates from the manufacturer slight_smile

Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah, mostly Internet based comparison sites like affordable movies and what not.

How about returns? Particularly difficult ?

Once the contract And phone us received would. Just deal with O2 as normal ?
Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Personally I tend to avoid comparison sites, and also be wary of Amazon and the like - bought the wife a replacement sim-free Desire HD a while back from the afore mentioned site and it turned out to be for the far eastern market (though the phone works perfectly)

Not had to return anything other than with CPW, and they were no problem at all, and there's always a local store so you can deal in person if there's an issue.

The contract is with your chosen carrier, so you deal directly with them as if you'd purchased from them slight_smile

Message 10 of 13