Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set up esim on Samsung Galaxy 20 FE and Galaxy Watch 3

Lindsay88
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I purchased the latest Samsung Galaxy s20 FE and the Galaxy watch 3 but i'm having difficulties setting this up through the mobile network. I've contacted o2 several times but my question doesn't seem to be properly answered. I've paired both devices together but when i select the mobile plans option to pair the watch to my network plan, i'm prompted with the message "There aren't any mobile plans available for my watch in my country". I don't understand this as i'm in the UK and on a pay monthly plan with o2. I've also got an eSim but again i can't use this due to the message im receiving on the mobile plans option in the galaxy wearable app.

Can anyone assist me on this as the advisors over the phone keep fobbing me off and don't seem to be clued up this.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Lindsay88 

I'd start with checking with Samsung https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

Lindsay88
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

That's no problem, i will get in contact with Samsung. I forgot to mention also that i bought both devices outright and within the UK.

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Lindsay88 

I hope the watch was from a reputable retailer?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 8

Lindsay88
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes, i bought both devices from the catalogue called Very. The Galaxy watch supports 4G and WiFi, the mobile is unlocked.

Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

thumbsup

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

Lindsay88
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The advisor at Samsung is telling me that the LTE plan for the Galaxy watch 3 is only exclusive to EE and is not available for the o2 network.

Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Lindsay88 

O2 do now support Watch 3 and Active Watch 2.

https://www.o2.co.uk/samsung-watch

It could be that you need to add the data plan in store, but obviously you can't do this until stores reopen.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8