Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to purchase additional SIM card

Beppe6
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello, I very recently moved from TalkTalk to O2 on a £3/month SIM-only contract. I want to know whether I can have a second SIM at the same conditions. 

I called 202, which passed me on to the retention team, which tried to pass me on to the sales team, but failed; after a while I was asked to hang up and call 01616 160721, only to be told that "this number is no longer in service" and I should call instead 01648503738.

Unfortunately this number doesn't work, either; it doesn't seem to exist, or at any rate it doesn't connect at all (I may have got it wrong, because the lady was talking too fast and the quality of the pre-recorded message was bad - I did listen to it three times, though...).  

It was a pretty straightforward question, if you ask me. Does anyone have the answer, or can some kind soul put me in touch with someone who does?

I can't say I'm greatly impressed following my first contact with customer service; however, O2 coverage in my area seems pretty good, and this is why I would like to transfer my wife's number, too. 

Many thanks.

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144176 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Beppe6 

Call 202 and say that you are thinking of leaving.

That will get you through to recontracts and sales team.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 144176 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Beppe6 

Call 202 and say that you are thinking of leaving.

That will get you through to recontracts and sales team.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122821 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Beppe6

Yes you can have another sim only contract for your wife, Order online here

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/sim-only-deals#deviceType=phone&contractLength=P12M

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 144176 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
PS. I'd also like a £3 deal.....
What do you get for that?

Currently using:
Message 4 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122821 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
PS. I'd also like a £3 deal.....
What do you get for that?

A bag of sweets. If you are good. Sadly, nothing with O2 sim only....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 144176 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
I'm always good tongue

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

Beppe6
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It's a special deal for former TalkTalk customers (TalkTalk is closing its mobile offer), you can't find it online. That's the problem, I think.

Small package (500m, 500 SMS, 500Mb), but enough for us. Used to be completely free for TalkTalk broadband customers. 

Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 144176 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Not bad for that price slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8