cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get my phone reconnected?

Anonymous
Not applicable

My phone was disconnected because I hadn't paid my bill, I know this is wrong of me but after being out of work I had to prioitise food and rent first. I chatted to an online advisor as I want to pay my bill tonight (just after midnight) when my money clears and to get this all sorted out.

I was told to call 08448 260 290 from my mobile except I can't make any calls from my mobile due to it being disconnected. Is tehre any way I can call them on my landline tonight or is it just business hours?

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

If you need to speak to someone you'll have to call during business hours which are 08:00 to 21:00 Monday to Friday. The number is: 

From a landline0844 809 02025p / min†

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

If you need to speak to someone you'll have to call during business hours which are 08:00 to 21:00 Monday to Friday. The number is: 

From a landline0844 809 02025p / min†

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

i will give you a better one .my phone bill is due on 25th March iam abroad at the moment for what some clown considers to much use they have chopped me off.Then when i chat live they say ah call help line 0844........ from here till here iam in Australia thats the middle of the night ,o2 unbelievable how can i cancel my contract as i believe they have broken there by cutting me off before my payment date

Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

You will need to speak to the Payment Management team who I believe are only open to 8pm (could be 9).

You will need to pay your outstanding amount plus a £15 reconnection charge. I would do this sooner rather than later so your account doesn't end up with a debt collection agency!

Good luck slight_smile

Message 4 of 10

Nathan
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I paid my bill yesterday ( a little later than planned or due ) how long will it take to reconnect please? I paid through the My o2 app so figured it wouldn’t be long within the 24 hour mark, as I’m aware up to 24 hours is the same for any reconnection with any contract.
Message 5 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144171 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Nathan wrote:
I paid my bill yesterday ( a little later than planned or due ) how long will it take to reconnect please? I paid through the My o2 app so figured it wouldn’t be long within the 24 hour mark, as I’m aware up to 24 hours is the same for any reconnection with any contract.

It can take 2 or 3 days.

I'd check with customer service that payment has been received for both parts if you're on refresh and you may have to reboot your phone a few times too.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 10

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122818 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Nathan

If you set up a direct debit you wouldn't have this issue.

This non payment will cost more in the long run as 1) you are without a phone and 2) you may have to pay a reconnection fee.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 10

Nathan
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I had a direct debit set up but due to money mistakenly being taken out of my bank it’s messed my contract payment which was due out on the 20th. Thankyou. If it isn’t reconnected by tomorrow evening I’ll have to try again!🤔 as I have work all day, let’s hope for the best!!
Message 8 of 10

Disconnect
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi I am out of work atm due to covid-19 I had a letter today saying that one of my devices would be disconnected.....I do not want this to happen....I’ve tried calling but just cuts off
Message 9 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122818 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Disconnect 

Look there are numerous numbers in this guide. Try any or all of them. Press any option. People are getting through if they persist.

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 10