cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get PAC code if you cannot receive a text???

Sherylmcmillan
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I need to get the PAC code from O2, because I must move to a new mobile service.

This is because:  My sim stopped working, I was sent a new one but it doesn't work, I spoke to two different people and neither of them know why the new sim won't work. I have now been without my phone for over two weeks.

Every option I can find for getting the PAC code ultimately ends with them trying to SMS it to me, which is obviously not possible 😞

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23157 Posts
  • 1027 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

@Sherylmcmillan You should be able to get it on your MyO2 page. See this guide: PAC code (o2.co.uk)

You can also reach O2 via social media who may be able to help:
Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB), Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW), or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG)

Alternatively, call into an O2 store if you have one nearby and they should be able to assist you.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 10

Sherylmcmillan
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks Bambino. Unfortunately no, you cannot get the PAC in your 'my O2', you can request it, but the only option is them texting it - which obviously will not happen if the sim doesn't work. Same thing if you phone them - they will not give it to you verbally over the phone, only via text.  Sooooooo, at the risk of sounding pessimistic, I kinda don't think the various social media will be much help, unless someone more tenacious than myself  has found a way out of this vicious circle.

Message 3 of 10

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10230 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3014 Solutions

@Sherylmcmillan 

I would do what is known as HUCA (hang up and call again) as they have to give it to you other the phone, it is an OfCom requirement.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 10

Sherylmcmillan
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Aha!  Many thanks madasaf1sh. I will try them again by phone and remind them this is required by ofcom 😮

Message 5 of 10

Bambino
  • 23157 Posts
  • 1027 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

@Sherylmcmillan As I suggested earlier, if you can get to an O2 store they should be able to provide you with a working sim if calling doesn't get a result.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 10

Sherylmcmillan
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Bambino,  I actually already tried that.  I was keeping my story concise with just the key points. The whole story is:  1. my original sim stopped working, I phoned and they said they were sending a new one. I waited a week and nothing arrived (and, no order showing in MyO2, so I don't think it was ever even posted). 2. I then went to an O2 shop with my phone and non working sim. It was tried in another phone where it did not work, confirming the sim has simply failed. He then gave me a new sim but could not activate it because I did not have a photo ID with me 😞  But I was told I could activate over the phone. 3. Tried to activate the sim I was given over the phone, only to be told that the serial number is not on their system as it was from a shop!  (yes, an O2 shop!, as in, same company [removed]). I was then told they must send me a sim, and then I'll be able to activate it. This time I received a new sim. 4. Phoned with new sim in hand, was told they don't show it as being delivered yet!  Again, they cannot see the serial number on their system, don't know why it's not already activated, case forwarded to another department. 5. Phoned again later to request my PAC code, was told the new sim might take 24 hours before it works. Which brings us up to day, a bit over 24 hours now and, of course, it does not work.

Message 7 of 10

Bambino
  • 23157 Posts
  • 1027 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

Sounds like a real nightmarish runaround @Sherylmcmillan. The only other thing I can suggest is that you return to the O2 store again, but this time with photo ID. I can't really think of anything else for you to try.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 10

Sherylmcmillan
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Nooooo, I'm not a masochist, I know when it's past time to head for the door and not look back 🙂

Message 9 of 10

Sherylmcmillan
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

deleted

Message 10 of 10