Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to check credit on a mobile number?

shiftlock
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have a sim card in my alarm at work, its an auto dialer which calls my phone when the alarm is activated, I keep topping the number up but I can't find out the balance and I'm worried its going to run out of credit, I can't add it to "my o2" as i can't register it as it text's the sim and the device clearly can't except this.

I know what your thinking take the sim out and put it into one of my other phones, well thought of that but both of my phones have micro sims so will not except it.

Is there a way of checking balance of this number, or adding it to my o2 as i could have allot of credit on it.  When I top up it doesn't tell me my credit either, just that I can top up.

Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Presuming you know the mobile number which is associated with the sim card, the easiest way would be to call customer service with the mobile number and they should be able to advise you what credit is remaining on the sim. Webchat should also be able to help.

They may also be able to link it for you in My O2 if the link below doesn't allow you to.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Presuming you know the mobile number which is associated with the sim card, the easiest way would be to call customer service with the mobile number and they should be able to advise you what credit is remaining on the sim. Webchat should also be able to help.

They may also be able to link it for you in My O2 if the link below doesn't allow you to.

Message 2 of 6

shiftlock
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks, thought that might be the only way, just seeing if there was another way before I bothered the nice people at O2 slight_smile
Message 3 of 6

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Other than finding a friend with a phone compatible with the sim, I can't think of another way unfortunately slight_frown

Message 4 of 6

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Or get a micro sim do the sim swap and then get the sms to link the account. Then use a micro to full size adaptor to put the sim back in the alarm

assuming you can get you hands on a full sized sim phone Or maybe take the sim to an o2 store they may have a phone you can do it all in.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 5 of 6

shiftlock
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the help everyone, I've spoken with O2 there is no way of doing it, so I will never know what my balance is until the day I run out.  I've explained the situation to them and I'm not willing to go buy a phone so I can register a card, not to mention the auto dialer is sealed by the engineer that installed it so I can't tamper with it, so Would have to pay him a call out fee to come remove it.. then again to reinstall it.  

Message 6 of 6