cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change from monthly contract to pay as you go?

Fudgel
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Is there a way to Cancel my current contract and switch to Pay as you go? Sadly can't get in touch with customer support at all. Will no longer be stayed in UK given the circumstances but will still require the phone number in case someone from UK will need to get in touch with me.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Fudgel 

The only way is to call customer service Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Early morning around 8.00am is the best time to call.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Fudgel
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Considering there are way more calling now and way less answering calls (chat's not even option now with customer support) that's impossible. It's kind of laughable that the only tariff option on My O2 is to upgrade. No cancellation.

Literally called 15 minutes after 8am, was told it's 15 minutes wait. While going through confirmation hoops it went up to 45 minutes. At this point it might be easier just to block the debit transaction from O2 and figure it out later.

Message 3 of 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Fudgel wrote:

Considering there are way more calling now and way less answering calls (chat's not even option now with customer support) that's impossible. It's kind of laughable that the only tariff option on My O2 is to upgrade. No cancellation.

Literally called 15 minutes after 8am, was told it's 15 minutes wait. While going through confirmation hoops it went up to 45 minutes. At this point it might be easier just to block the debit transaction from O2 and figure it out later.

That would have dire consequences for your credit rating @Fudgel 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 5

Fudgel
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

That would have dire consequences for your credit rating @Fudgel 

Not being given much of a choice at this point. Still time to call through everyday, but if nothing happens it will be more dire paying for service I'm trying to cancel.

Message 5 of 5