Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

How to cancel contract?

Do i have to pay off my remaining months...?
Just because i got the iPhone last december, and in June i upgraded to the 3G iPhone and had to start my 18 month contract again.
But I recently lost my iPhone and o2 sent me out a replacement sim but im using it in an old phone.
So I'm paying to use the internet on my contract but Im clearly not benefitting from it, and also because it was an iPhone the contract was really steep.

I wouldn't mind sticking to to the same price a month...but just better tarriff!

Does anyone know if this is possible...?!

HELP.
Thanks.
Anonymous

How to cancel contract?

If you phone up and explain you have lost the phone, ask if you can be put on the equivalent consumer tariff. They shouldn't have a problem doing this.

I'm afraid you're not going to be able to cancel it though as you have signed to an 18m agreement unless like you say, you pay off the remaining months.
Anonymous

How to cancel contract?

If you phone up and explain you have lost the phone, ask if you can be put on the equivalent consumer tariff. They shouldn't have a problem doing this.
I'm afraid you're not going to be able to cancel it though as you have signed to an 18m agreement unless like you say, you pay off the remaining months.

They wont change the tariff to a non-iPhone tariff until the last month of the end of the contract.
Anonymous

How to cancel contract?

try ringing them and saying that your not happy with it and explain your internet situation and see what they can do. im not sure what they can do though with it being an iphone and all that
Anonymous

How to cancel contract?

try ringing them and saying that your not happy with it and explain your internet situation and see what they can do. im not sure what they can do though with it being an iphone and all that

As I have already said: They wont change the tariff to a non-iPhone tariff until the last month of the end of the contract.
Highlighted
Topics: 48
Kudos: 591
Solutions: 48

How to cancel contract?

O2 are correct in not swapping over your tarrif,

However if you contact o2 upgrades or customer care, ask them what the cost is of a replacement phone.

They may be able to do you a replacement phone at a lower price for you.

Other than that, there really isnt anything that you can do until you are in your last month as they said.

When you buy a iphone you can only swap to other iphone tarrifs.

I dont have a iphone but i would like free wifi and free gprs in my bundle.

So you can say its not fair for you not to be able to swap, i could say the same that i would like to swap.

Have you still not got your old iphone you could use ?
Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.