cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add 'contacts' to 'groups'

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am a new smartphone user with a Galaxy Y.

I have a load of contacts from my earlier phone and want to start building groups, like Family etc. I cannot find a way of moving or adding a current contact to a group.

There must be a way rather than adding them again into the group!

Thanks

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Using Kies I removed them from SIM and added them to phone and now it works fine. I can also use Kies to assign them to groups, much faster than using the phone.  Thanks for your help and pointers! Brian

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144205 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
In your contacts app, click groups at top of page then select the group name from the list, then add to group. You can chose to add new or select from phone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I have tried that. I get a 'search contacts' window but whatever I do it does not come up with any of my contacts, even if I start adding a name. I would expect it to list ones that match or start to mach my input

Message 3 of 10

MI5
  • 144205 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Have you got a + symbol top right of screen?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

There is a small + in an image of the contact, i touch this and I get back to as decribed above, not a list of contact which I would sort of assume.

Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

... and it's towards top Left.

Message 6 of 10

MI5
  • 144205 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Differences between software I guess as mine is top right, but, if I click this symbol I get a box which says " add new or add from phone" Strangely if I use search it fails to find any matches also. Where are your contacts stored as I think they have to be on phone not SIM card?

Currently using:
Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, they are all on the SIM card, is there an easy way to copy them to the phone?
Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Using Kies I removed them from SIM and added them to phone and now it works fine. I can also use Kies to assign them to groups, much faster than using the phone.  Thanks for your help and pointers! Brian

Message 9 of 10

MI5
  • 144205 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
No problem.... Happy to help.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 10